Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Do we see Deonte Brown on Sunday?


Tommy Jone
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rhule might be wanting Deonte to cut even more weight before he sees the field. Deonte has the agility of a dump truck, but he's about as powerful an o-lineman as you're going to see. Deonte might not be ready mentally to start as well. He might be one of those guys we don't see taking the field until next season.

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our defense is wild and it really tests the o-linemen mentally in practice. We mug a lot and we drop lineman into coverage, or LBs, or anybody could be rushing. It's mentally taxing for a rookie to deal with that split second decision making, and that might be giving Deonte trouble, and we know it gives Christensen trouble. The rookies might need more time baking in the oven.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Rhule might be wanting Deonte to cut even more weight before he sees the field. Deonte has the agility of a dump truck, but he's about as powerful an o-lineman as you're going to see. Deonte might not be ready mentally to start as well. He might be one of those guys we don't see taking the field until next season.

I doubt his conditioning is up to where it needs to be to start a full nfl season.  They may work him in around game 6 or 7 if he shows he's a starter.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I doubt his conditioning is up to where it needs to be to start a full nfl season.  They may work him in around game 6 or 7 if he shows he's a starter.

And I hope fans are aware of the rookie wall which we are going to slam into at some point this season especially with 17 games.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

O-line takes a while to develop. Just because Deonte and BC don't see much time this year doesn't mean they aren't going to eventually get playtime. I'm a lot more interested in seeing Deonte play than BC just because he'd such a physically imposing player. 

  • Pie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, portcity said:

O-line takes a while to develop. Just because Deonte and BC don't see much time this year doesn't mean they aren't going to eventually get playtime. I'm a lot more interested in seeing Deonte play than BC just because he'd such a physically imposing player. 

Moton didn't play much his rookie year IIRC. I'm okay with slower development of O-line guys as long as the staff gets a chance to see what they really have before next year's draft. Didn't Norwell & Turner get slotted in fairly late in 2014 season and we went on a tear... Would be nice for a repeat scenario!!!

One thing to keep in mind as far as O-line activations is the question of backup Center with Elflein on IR.  It's been Tecklenburg the past 2 weeks. If we plan to have him as backup again he needs to be officially added to 53 since he's reached his limit of PS elevations.

Is there anyone else on our roster who can back up Paradis ?

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...