• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Different mentality

Martin

I was looking at the player interviews at panthers.com and it was cool to see the common thread. Everyone said the same thing about missing Jaycee, Christian etc. This is not verbatim, but directional:

”The standard is the standard, doesn’t matter if someone is missing”

”Next man up”

”The process is the same, all about going 1-0 next game”

There were no hints of excuses or lack of focus, they 100% trust in what they are doing. It also came across as very honest and authentic. 

It really is a different mentality and attitude that Rhule and his staff have brought and it bodes very well for the future of hopefully building a consistent winner.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Just now, PanthersATL said:

is it just me, or are we seeing a larger variety of different player interviews this season vs the standard same players in previous years?

I've noticed that as well. I think it's been the guys that made significant plays or contributions on the field that day. Seems like a good motivational tool to me.

46 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

is it just me, or are we seeing a larger variety of different player interviews this season vs the standard same players in previous years?

I think it's a factor of the fact that no locker room interviews are allowed, so they're making sure that lots of players get media availability.  I'm loving it!

51 minutes ago, Martin said:

I was looking at the player interviews at panthers.com and it was cool to see the common thread. Everyone said the same thing about missing Jaycee, Christian etc. This is not verbatim, but directional:

”The standard is the standard, doesn’t matter if someone is missing”

”Next man up”

”The process is the same, all about going 1-0 next game”

There were no hints of excuses or lack of focus, they 100% trust in what they are doing. It also came across as very honest and authentic. 

It really is a different mentality and attitude that Rhule and his staff have brought and it bodes very well for the future of hopefully building a consistent winner.

No offense, but these types of quotes are nothing new

13 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

No offense, but these types of quotes are nothing new

I would have thought the same thing, if I hadn't actually watched the interviews.  Some people just parrot the company line.  Every player I watched in the interviews struck me as very sincere about the standards set and only focusing on the next opponent.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1