• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Different coaching personnel philosophies ( Panthers vs Cowboys)

jackson113

It seems like an interesting note this upcoming game is the Panthers and the Cowboys both hired their coaches in the same off-season. Panthers hired a college coach and his  coordinators had no previous coaching experience.

Cowboys hired a rethread coach along with two previous head coaches on their roster in Dan Quin and Joe Philibin. Be interesting to see who succeeds in the long term.

• Pie 1

Hope Rhule can upset McCarthy, seems to be the ‘youngster vs the veteran’, ‘inexperience vs questionable experience’ kind of matchup.. flip a coin… practice doesn’t make perfect, proper practice makes perfect….

Brady vs Quinn is another tossup, IMO… Quinn has had our number but Brady ain’t Schula, shouldn’t be even close to the same gameplay…

Now Phil Snow vs Kellen Moore ? I have serious reservations that Moore, a 6-7yr nfl veteran can outscheme, out call or out coach Snow, ‘old man strength’ in theory… McVey would absolutely be a challenge for Snow, can’t grasp that Moore might be…

So call it -1 for our HC, wash for our OC/ their DC, +3 our DC/ their OC… now it’s on the players, we should have them out coaches… in my biased objective mind, anyway…

need our o-line to play their best game of the season Sunday… yet……

1 hour ago, j2sgam said:

Hope Rhule can upset McCarthy, seems to be the ‘youngster vs the veteran’, ‘inexperience vs questionable experience’ kind of matchup.. flip a coin… practice doesn’t make perfect, proper practice makes perfect….

Brady vs Quinn is another tossup, IMO… Quinn has had our number but Brady ain’t Schula, shouldn’t be even close to the same gameplay…

Now Phil Snow vs Kellen Moore ? I have serious reservations that Moore, a 6-7yr nfl veteran can outscheme, out call or out coach Snow, ‘old man strength’ in theory… McVey would absolutely be a challenge for Snow, can’t grasp that Moore might be…

So call it -1 for our HC, wash for our OC/ their DC, +3 our DC/ their OC… now it’s on the players, we should have them out coaches… in my biased objective mind, anyway…

Sean Payton got his lunch stole by Snow and he's considered the best offensive mind in the game and it's rightfully earned. NO looked like the Jets playing us then went on to beat the crap out of the patriots. If Dallas plays like they did against the eagles. Game over. 

• Pie 1

Remember when McCarthy to Carolina rumors were all the rage? fuging stoked we ended up with Rhule. 

McCarthy is doodoo but he’s got Dak, Zeke, Cooper and Lamb and a very functional OLine. 

It’ll be interesting to see stubborn vs flexible in action. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, j2sgam said:

feels more like the up and comer vs the wannabe to me.

• Beer 5

True, it’s not like you’re wrong… I feel good about the defense, think they’ll matchup with anybody, Snow should absolutely take Moore to the woodshed. Not saying they don’t have a chance, their O looked good in what I’ve watched of them, most of 2:3 games… But our D has looked good for 3:3…

but our O…. Going to have to be everybody’s best game yet. Brady, Darnold, DJ, Robby, rookies, er’rybody or 3-1 is realistic..

I’ll take it but 4-0 would be much sweeter,, would love for the Roaring Riot to be able to dismiss Cowboy fans the next week, you’re only as good as your last game… I got 3 cowboy fans coming to watch on Sunday, would much rather them sulking than me……

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, jayflip said:

Remember when McCarthy to Carolina rumors were all the rage? fuging stoked we ended up with Rhule. 

McCarthy is doodoo but he’s got Dak, Zeke, Cooper and Lamb and a very functional OLine. 

It’ll be interesting to see stubborn vs flexible in action. 

The talent is what scares me. Pollard is solid and their TEs aren’t bad either. We haven’t faced a team yet with multiple good options. It’s going to be a big test for the D.

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Sean Payton got his lunch stole by Snow and he's considered the best offensive mind in the game and it's rightfully earned. NO looked like the Jets playing us then went on to beat the crap out of the patriots. If Dallas plays like they did against the eagles. Game over. 

Just remember…film tells all 

hopefully snow changes it up a bit   Same for Brady 

mike McCarthy is mike McCarthy 

The Panthers can win this game one play at a time under the big lights of Dallas 

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Just remember…film tells all 

hopefully snow changes it up a bit   Same for Brady 

mike McCarthy is mike McCarthy 

The Panthers can win this game one play at a time under the big lights of Dallas 

I have a feeling this game needs to be won by chewing up as much clock as possible AND scoring TOUCHDOWNS(not FGs) when the opportunity arises. 

And for that, we need Chuba to step up (and for Royce to do his thing) to help Sam.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I have a feeling this game needs to be won by chewing up as much clock as possible AND scoring TOUCHDOWNS(not FGs) when the opportunity arises. 

And for that, we need Chuba to step up (and for Royce to do his thing) to help Sam.

Yep

i think, right now, a lot more of Freeman vs Hubbard 

hubbard seems very very slow.  Up the middle fine….

they are the coaches. They will do what they think best 

Edited by raleigh-panther

27 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I think Panthers only win in a slow and boring/ugly type game.  You still have to limit the number of times the Dallas O gets a chance.  Give them enough and they are going to beat you a fair amount.  Pass rush can't get home every time.  Even Houston could get the ball to Cooks when it didn't.....and that was with a horrible QB.   If it becomes about points.....Dallas wins IMO. 

But why in the world the Eagles would go into that game and hand it off 3 times.  3 times?  Nonsensical.  

• Pie 1