• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have never trailed in 2021. And Panthers Record when leading at Halftime

KB_fan

I couldn't resist doing a bit more digging on this "never trailed" streak.

I pulled out my external hard drive that has all the old Panthers data Excel spreadsheets I created from 2014-2018, including the comprehensive gamebook data spreadsheets I maintained from 2015-2018 with detailed week by week data and did a little browsing through my old files.

In 2015, Panthers also had a 3 game "never trailed" streak.  It was weeks 10-12 of the season.  And week 12 happened to be the infamous Thanksgiving game at Dallas.  Panthers never trailed in that game. 

Can we beat Dallas again from wire to wire in 2021 to get to a 4 game "never trailed" streak this season?!?!?!  Wouldn't THAT be fun!?!!

• In 2015 Panthers had 8 regular season games in which they never trailed, plus the 2 playoff games. (Wks 1, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15) 
  • In 2016 Panthers had 5 games they never trailed. (Wks 8, 9, 11, 14, 15)
  • In 2017 Panthers had 5 games they never trailed. (Wks 1, 2, 8, 10, 14)
  • In 2018 Panthers had 3 games they never trailed. (Wks 1, 9, 17)

I don't have comprehensive data for 2019 & 2020, but just quickly browsed through PFRef to look for streaks.

• In 2019 Panthers ALSO had a 3 game "never trailed" streak:  weeks 4, 5, 6.  They also never trailed in week 9.
  • In 2020, Panthers never trailed in 3 games:  weeks 4, 11, 16.

So, we've had 3 game 'never trailed streaks" at least 2 other seasons in our history.  In 2015 it meant something, was part of a season of dominating the league.  In 2019, it proved to be fool's gold, that brief streak where Kyle Allen was winning and we were having fun before it all fell apart.

We'll know more by Sunday night what our 2021 3 game "never trailed" streak means and whether it will continue!

• Pie 8

Love the write-up.

But at the same time, it makes me nervous because it then makes it imperative that the Panthers score first 'cause otherwise, we're screwed.   ☹️

I don't want to think that.   I want to think that no matter who scores first, the Panthers find a way to win.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1