• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the best Panthers pass rush in franchise history?

Zod

23 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Del Rio is trash, thats why he is up there with his buddy Ron. 

Del Rio and Ron were very good defensive coordinators.  Them being meh HCs doesn't alter that imo but I think it often does. 

it's just overpromotion.  they were and are still great DCs IMO. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Del Rio and Ron were very good defensive coordinators.  Them being meh HCs doesn't alter that imo but I think it often does. 

it's just overpromotion.  they were and are still great DCs IMO. 

Del Rio is the DC for the WFT right now. They have given up 20,29,and 43. The game has passed both of them by.

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

I can't say it's the best pass rush as to me that defaults to front 4. 

I'd have to give that to years past, now as far as GETTING PRESSURE, this is the best we've ever seen as we remind me more of the Jets under Rex Ryan. 

Jaycee (once healthy) and Henderson have shutdown skill sets / potential -- so we're looking at a newer Revis / Cromartie (no I am not calling them that yet, just setting up the vision that I see developing).

Then with Jackson, Bouye (under contract next year), and the depth we can match up against really anyone. Now pair in two of the FASTEST guys off the edge in Burns / Reddick, then the interior with Brown, Jones, Roy, Nixon, and additional edge depth from Luvu, Haynes, and the kid from Buffalo we can throw waves at opposing teams all game. 

Not to mention we bring the ILB's, and the Safeties, and corners off the edge to blitz as well, if you go back and watch you'll see Jaycee in the slot blitzing vs NO, and HOU. You can also go back to Henderson's time at FL and see he spent time in the slot, and also blitzed of the edge from there as well. 

This is BECOMING the most talented defense as a whole, we've always had a stud or two and JAGS, now we have several studs + good proven players. 

I'm excited to see what this becomes, it's just year 2.

I agree. When you can get pressure with the dlineman and not have to blitz so much, that’s why I’d consider a dominant dline. But the question was pass defense not dominant line.

And I think it will be, so long as a decent QB can’t pick apart the blitzes. Since we have played rookie Mills, confused Winston and rookie Wilson’s debut…that’s really yet to be seen.

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Del Rio is the DC for the WFT right now. They have given up 20,29,and 43. The game has passed both of them by.

Yeah, Del Rio got there last year and they finished the season as the #2 rated defense.  

it's silly to try to paint strong narratives only using 3 weeks of football.    They played Chargers and Bills...and the D had to deal with the impacts of an inefficient offense figuring out a sudden QB change. 

Del Rio is proven at DC.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, Del Rio got there last year and they finished the season as the #2 rated defense.  

it's silly to try to paint strong narratives only using 3 weeks of football.    They played Chargers and Bills...and the D had to deal with the impacts of an inefficient offense figuring out a sudden QB change. 

Del Rio is proven at DC.  

That was a terrible #2 D.

They gave up 30 or more points 5 times in the regular season last year with one of those games against a Lions team that we shut out.

9 times they gave up 20 or more.

Only 2 games did they keep their opponents from double digit points, the cowboys without Dak and the Bengals when Burrow got hurt.

Agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

That was a terrible #2 D.

They gave up 30 or more points 5 times in the regular season last year with one of those games against a Lions team that we shut out.

9 times they gave up 20 or more.

Only 2 games did they keep their opponents from double digit points, the cowboys without Dak and the Bengals when Burrow got hurt.

Agree to disagree.

you can nitpick anything....his overall resume is what it is.  He has put 3 different teams in the top 5 defensively.   If that isn't a good DC, then I don't know what one is.   Ron was the same way.  Multiple teams and did it in multiple schemes.  The fact they suck as HCs is overpromotion....which you see often in sports. 

and it's the present day NFL.  The entire league is too comically catered to aid the offense against a defense.  So defenses are going to get got.