• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson article/breakdown

*FreeFua*

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/09/29/cj-henderson-jaycee-horn-carolina-panthers-trade/

I encourage those who don’t know much about Henderson’s game to read this. It highlights his strengths and how he fits in with the Panthers scheme. 

Like I’ve said, Snow’s scheme is dependent on having guys in the secondary that can cover. Henderson can do that.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Im so excited about this unit. If we make a playoff push is Horn expected to be available then or is he done till next year?

Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said earlier Monday that Horn was having surgery to repair the multiple broken bones and would miss extended time, but didn't rule out a return late in the year. But he said that wasn't anything they could know at the moment.

"With Jaycee we have to be really smart about bringing him back, making sure he's healthy and his return to play is done the right way," Rhule said. "I can't predict that right now.

"Knowing Jaycee Horn, his mindset will be 'I'm coming back to play.' If he's ready, he's ready, and if he's not, he's not. And we won't put him in harm's way. We'll let the doctors tell us when he's ready to go."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

It really was an inspired trade, IMO.  If Horn comes back 100%, and CJ grows into his immense natural talent, we could have one of the top CB1/CB2 lineups in the entire NFL.  How many teams can say they have the 8th and 9th pick from consecutive drafts lining up together? 

• Pie 7

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

It really was an inspired trade, IMO.  If Horn comes back 100%, and CJ grows into his immense natural talent, we could have one of the top CB1/CB2 lineups in the entire NFL.  How many teams can say they have the 8th and 9th pick from consecutive drafts lining up together? 

Nevermind that DJack is playing lights out right now as well. 

AND thats not considering the D as a whole.. im giddy 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Nevermind that DJack is playing lights out right now as well. 

AND thats not considering the D as a whole.. im giddy 

Its insane, right?  Hopefully they are working on extending Donte for 3 or 4 years while Horn and CJ are on their rookie deals.  That would give us 3 potentially stellar CBs for a very small overall investment.  Especially considering that Jax has already paid CJs signing bonus and all that. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, joemac said:

Its insane, right?  Hopefully they are working on extending Donte for 3 or 4 years while Horn and CJ are on their rookie deals.  That would give us 3 potentially stellar CBs for a very small overall investment.  Especially considering that Jax has already paid CJs signing bonus and all that. 

I was thinking that same thing. Extending Jax for the duration of the rookie deals, even if thats a top contract would make sense. However you dont want his contract to impact resigning these guys. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive.

Agreed but the main thing that would hold him back is learning the terminology and signals. There could be a lot of crossover with stuff he already knows. Schematically I don’t think we are going to really be doing anything he hasn’t done before at least as a CB.

Edited by Bartin
  • Pie 1

This is the perfect scenario for him. He doesnt have to come in and lead. We have enough alpha dogs on this team. Let him be himself and be athletic. He has some serious ball skills.... in my opinion... better ball skills than Jaycee. 

Look at his tape against Jamaar Chase. His closing speed is special. Sometimes all a guy needs is change of environment. And the Panthers have always had a special locker room. 

• Pie 2