• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friendly Announcer Alert! Greg Olsen is calling the Cowboys game!

hepcat

43 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

What game is objectively better though?

the Sunday night game, no matter when it would be played....would draw the most eyeballs this week.  

I think Carolina is tied for the 2nd best game of the weekend.  Tied w/ Rams/Cards. 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

the Sunday night game, no matter when it would be played....would draw the most eyeballs this week.  

I think Carolina is tied for the 2nd best game of the weekend.  Tied w/ Rams/Cards. 

Based on the people involved maybe. But that game itself will probably be lopsided. The Patriots are not good this year. I would not say that will be the best matchup of the weekend. 

6 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

What game is objectively better though?

The Rams vs Cardinals may be a notch better, the Ravens vs Broncos will probably be as equally entertaining as the Panthers vs Cowboys.   The Buccaneers vs Patriots will probably be the most watched this weekend for obvious reasons. 

38 minutes ago, Fug Drump said:

The Rams vs Cardinals may be a notch better, the Ravens vs Broncos will probably be as equally entertaining as the Panthers vs Cowboys.   The Buccaneers vs Patriots will probably be the most watched this weekend for obvious reasons. 

Rams/Cardinals is probably the best, but Tampa is going to smash the Patriots.

8 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

They put Buck and Aikman on the best match-ups of the week.  Dallas vs Carolina isn't the best match-up this week, so the second tier announcers get to call this game.

You heard it here folks.  The Jags vs Bengals game is THE best match-up of the week.🤣

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t even hate Aikman, he’s not that bright sounding and he’s biased, but Buck is god awful. No charisma and too obviously sounds like he’s trying too hard to put on a voice and play a role. He’s like a bad actor in a good movie, just stands out in the wrong way. 

I could do without Buck.  There is something punchable about him.  I like Aikman.  But sometimes it becomes clear he played in a simpler time.  I think the difference between Aikman and the Manning's jumps out already.  If the QB seems to look at 3 different receivers on a play, Aikman gives the detailed replay analysis that "he found his 3rd read!  Way to go thru your progressions!"  The Manning's look at the play design and defense and know where the ball is designed to go...and can give you the insight that the QB was only looking off defenders with the first 2 so he would have enough room to fit the ball in to his primary target...that he knew would come open because of the initial read.

Aikman actually did this during our game.  And when you went back and watched the film, the QBs feet were aimed right at the primary and the "looking" at other receivers was just to freeze defenders.

• Pie 1