• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Respect for the Panthers - What Cowboys Fans are Saying

Zod

1 hour ago, islandhopper81 said:

Dak makes the line adjustments with Zack Martin.

Sure, that won't be enough though. 

Phil Snow has brought a whole new style of defense to the NFL, and our players are versatile and dynamic enough to execute it. They have very unpredictable looks that will take many games before the NFL gets a handle of it, and for sure Phil Snow is likely to dial even more newer looks against this Dallas team.

Good luck to your Cowboys, as I think overall it can go either way. I remember that you posted in 2015 on this forum as well, and by and large you were right that your defense was solid at the time and it was mainly our playmaking defense that capitalized. 

Dallas does have slightly superior talent in terms of their players, so I think coaching will be the major tipping point. If Snow gets this defense to execute well and confuse the Cowboys o-line like he has to even the best in the Saints (with their center being a weakness, similar mold as the Cowboys), it will be a long day for him.

You don't suddenly become historically insane on defense just from a cakewalk schedule. Their DVOA ranking continuing as number 1 is unprecedented in all of Carolina's history and their stats are at a historic record run even through the first of these early games. Mind you, the Panthers defense had many more top tier years than they have not. As for this defense, they are no slouches at all.

As far as us offensively, remains to be seen whether we can take advantage of generating explosive plays. Joe Brady is a great schemer, so I expect a good poan, just needs to hone better on playcalling and redzone execution.

Ultimately a hard game to predict. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Sure, that won't be enough though. 

Phil Snow has brought a whole new style of defense to the NFL, and our players are versatile and dynamic enough to execute it. They have very unpredictable looks that will take many games before the NFL gets a handle of it, and for sure Phil Snow is likely to dial even more newer looks against this Dallas team.

Good luck to your Cowboys, as I think overall it can go either way. I remember that you posted in 2015 on this forum as well, and by and large you were right that your defense was solid at the time and it was mainly our playmaking defense that capitalized. 

Dallas does have slightly superior talent in terms of their players, so I think coaching will be the major tipping point. If Snow gets this defense to execute well and confuse the Cowboys o-line like he has to even the best in the Saints (with their center being a weakness, similar mold as the Cowboys), it will be a long day for him.

You don't suddenly become historically insane on defense just from a cakewalk schedule. Their DVOA ranking continuing as number 1 is unprecedented in all of Carolina's history and their stats are at a historic record run even through the first of these early games. Mind you, the Panthers defense had many more top tier years than they have not. As for this defense, they are no slouches at all.

As far as us offensively, remains to be seen whether we can take advantage of generating explosive plays. Joe Brady is a great schemer, so I expect a good poan, just needs to hone better on playcalling and redzone execution.

Ultimately a hard game to predict. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Good talk. I think McCaffrey is a huge loss that really tips the scales and takes away a lot of opportunities for Carolina to exploit Dallas. I fully expect the Panthers DL to perform. Jones is the weakest link and he's really good. DB was my favorite Tiger his last year and Burns and Reddick are possibly the best set of edge defenders in the league. I think Dallas will have to pass just based on the scheme Carolina will deploy but if they can run it will be a problem. Dallas has a ton of weapons in the short passing game and Dak can take whatever is available. If they can confuse him enough to skip one beat it will be a lot harder. Personally I don't have a lot of faith in Darnold and the Panthers OL. Moore is a beast but I think you can scheme away one guy and Arnold and Mc will make the easy one on ones a lot tougher on him. Would have liked to seen both teams healthy but I had yall as my dark horse playoff team based on your schedule and the Saints collapsing so I hope yall have a good season. Just not Sunday 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:10 AM, joemac said:

Thats the most absurd part of this whole thing.  How can you objectively look at these 2 teams and think that Dallas is 5 points better than us?!?!  Its madness. 

LMAO.   I'm not sure you understand what objectivity is.  

It's also cute how y'all are still living in 2015. 

I've always liked the Panthers, cool team, cool city, assumed cool fans, but apparently y'all have some weird hard on for Dallas.   Good luck with that.   I wasn't even really thinking about this game much (because it's an easy dub)  but will really enjoy it knowing the meltdown occurring over here during/after.

Enjoy!

• Poo 1

11 minutes ago, DakInYourMouths said:

I've always liked the Panthers, cool team, cool city, assumed cool fans, but apparently y'all have some weird hard on for Dallas.   Good luck with that.   I wasn't even really thinking about this game much (because it's an easy dub)  but will really enjoy it knowing the meltdown occurring over here during/after.

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing, dick nose. 

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Pie 3

21 minutes ago, DakInYourMouths said:

Enjoy!

You know you aren't the first to walk in here with talk like that this year.  I'm not going to sit here and say this will be an easy win like you because that's dumb as fug, but I will say we aren't the Eagles.  You'll see soon enough.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, DakInYourMouths said:

Enjoy!

Thats funny.  A cowboys fan, talking to us about living in the past.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I'm liking all this doubt for the Panthers. It just gives more motivation & enthusiasm for the team. Every media source says Dallas are going to win, but betting odds are around 55/45 being that Dallas are the home team. Bring it on!

36 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

FIVE RANGS YALL FIVE RANGS

Also it's not weird to hate the Cowboys.  Everybody except for Cowboys fans hates the Cowboys bro.

lol I mean every Cowboys fan I know lives in the present which is nearly 30 years from any measure of success.  I get it though, y’all don’t have ANY to fondly look back on at all in that same span so you hang your hats on meaningless regular season games from 6 years ago.  Fun times.   Luke Kuechly not walking through that door though my friend.   And i didn’t say anything about “hate” (definitely weird though still) I said hard on.  Funny to me, funnier on Sunday when that “elite” defense gets exposed.   But hey, in 6 more years you can reminisce on being 3-0 lol

31 minutes ago, DakInYourMouths said:

lol I mean every Cowboys fan I know lives in the present which is nearly 30 years from any measure of success.  I get it though, y’all don’t have ANY to fondly look back on at all in that same span so you hang your hats on meaningless regular season games from 6 years ago.  Fun times.   Luke Kuechly not walking through that door though my friend.   And i didn’t say anything about “hate” (definitely weird though still) I said hard on.  Funny to me, funnier on Sunday when that “elite” defense gets exposed.   But hey, in 6 more years you can reminisce on being 3-0 lol

Surely you're aware that you're on a Panthers forum, correct? Did you expect to see an outpouring of love and positivity for your team here? See, the reason the 2015 game is being discussed here isn't us reminicising over beating you; if we were doing that we'd be talking about how we held you to 8 points and Dak to 130 passing yards the last time we played! The reason is that the Panthers along with other smaller market/fanbase teams are usually brushed off and overlooked by the media and average fan. I'm not saying I agree with this rationale from some of our fans; I think it's odd that folks here allow themselves to be riled up by what some talking head is saying for the sole purpose of causing controversy but that's a different discussion. 

The Cowboys won all but one of those titles when the Panthers weren't in the league, 1995 which was the inagural season of our franchise. The Cowboys have less playoff games since both teams have been in the league, and have appeared in only one NFC championship game, the 1995 one, in this timeframe. The Panthers have appeared in four and advanced to two super bowls.   This is in spite of being a young expansion team. Historically, young teams usually struggle (and we're not an exception, to be fair); the Panthers have had one of the better first 25 years of any post merger expansion team. This odd belief of yours that Dallas has been some model organization in that "same span" while we're some downtrodden franchise is amusing, but not reflected in reality.

Cheers, and good luck to your team on Sunday. I expect a close game.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, beo said:

Surely you're aware that you're on a Panthers forum, correct? Did you expect to see an outpouring of love and positivity for your team here? See, the reason the 2015 game is being discussed here isn't us reminicising over beating you; if we were doing that we'd be talking about how we held you to 8 points and Dak to 130 passing yards the last time we played! The reason is that the Panthers along with other smaller market/fanbase teams are usually brushed off and overlooked by the media and average fan. I'm not saying I agree with this rationale from some of our fans; I think it's odd that folks here allow themselves to be riled up by what some talking head is saying for the sole purpose of causing controversy but that's a different discussion. 

The Cowboys won all but one of those titles when the Panthers weren't in the league, 1995 which was the inagural season of our franchise. The Cowboys have less playoff games since both teams have been in the league, and have appeared in only one NFC championship game, the 1995 one, in this timeframe. The Panthers have appeared in four and advanced to two super bowls.   This is in spite of being a young expansion team. Historically, young teams usually struggle (and we're not an exception, to be fair); the Panthers have had one of the better first 25 years of any post merger expansion team. This odd belief of yours that Dallas has been some model organization in that "same span" while we're some downtrodden franchise is amusing, but not reflected in reality.

Cheers, and good luck to your team on Sunday. I expect a close game.

Hey beo, I'm a diehard Cowboys fan since the 70's. I know I'm on the Panthers forum because I signed up for it. I just came here to see what you guys were thinking about the game, but saw ya'll posting and quoting how stupid the Cowboys fans are on our page. Yes, we have fans that are excited about our season just like you guys are. Not all Cowboys fans talk about the past, a lot do though. I'm a fan about now. I look at who ya'll have played vs who we have played..this year. I think its going to be a good game considering we both are without key starters. Cheers, good luck to your team as well. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, ParsonsInYoFace said:

Hey beo, I'm a diehard Cowboys fan since the 70's. I know I'm on the Panthers forum because I signed up for it. I just came here to see what you guys were thinking about the game, but saw ya'll posting and quoting how stupid the Cowboys fans are on our page. Yes, we have fans that are excited about our season just like you guys are. Not all Cowboys fans talk about the past, a lot do though. I'm a fan about now. I look at who ya'll have played vs who we have played..this year. I think its going to be a good game considering we both are without key starters. Cheers, good luck to your team as well. 

Yeah I understand it's a bit annoying to go to the other team's forum to look for actual information on the opposing team and have nothing but a wave of insults and little useful remarks, just the nature of the beast. There are some though if you dig enough, Saca provided a nice breakdown on our defense earlier on the first post of this page. I sort of ran into the same problem looking at a couple Dallas ones recently and with other teams like it with louder fanbases in the past so I feel your pain.

Edited by beo

15 minutes ago, ParsonsInYoFace said:

Welcome to the OPPONENTS messageboard, buddy.  🤨