• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you sold on Matt Rhule?

TheBigKat

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I think we are in the honeymoon phase with Matt Rhule.  

History with Carolina coaches says not to judge a HC off that.  They have all seemed great minus Seifert in the honeymoon window.   

and we are early in the honeymoon window.  So much is still unknown about year 2. 

what was the honey moon window with rivera? the first loosing season or the second?

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

I'm paraphrasing, but I think I just read a few of you guys implying you're near the end of your lives, and you want a Ring for the Panthers before you check out.

I'd lay odds there's no regular contributor on the Huddle who's older (81) than I am, and I don't see it that way.

You should enjoy the chase, accepting the effort from the team you love and root for, and not be so reluctant to give credit where it's due.  All these "I'll say he's great when..." comments are so conditional in their praise as to be meaningless, to me.

If your steak isn't perfectly succulent, or the beer that goes with it isn't chilled to perfection, enjoy it anyway.  If your child isn't perfect, love it every day, anyway.

None of us are gonna get out of this thing alive, and we can't take our toys with us - so try to enjoy the ride, while you're still on the horse.  Don't expect perfection out of anything, and see the good in it.  You'll live longer, and be happier.

Man I don’t how I came about reading your post but I love it. It definitely spoke to me and I needed to read this. Thanks man. It puts things into perspective 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

So trying to trade for Watson or Stafford leaves you to question if he understands the importance of an elite QB? No offense intended but I honestly don't understand that assessment. By all accounts we were literally hours away from landing an Elite QB. It's not his fault if the guy wanted to win now with a team that had already proven it could win with an average QB. 

Watson was all Tepper.

Stafford is more of a short term move imo as I clarified what I meant in a later post. I was talking about drafting a qb in the first round and dealing with growing pains. The anology was if rhule was the head coach of kc with Alex smith I don’t think he drafts Mahomes. 

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Watson was all Tepper.

Stafford is more of a short term move imo as I clarified what I meant in a later post. I was talking about drafting a qb in the first round and dealing with growing pains. The anology was if rhule was the head coach of kc with Alex smith I don’t think he drafts Mahomes. 

Sorry, I didn't see that post and maybe you're correct. However, I don't think anyone can say which or any of the QBs we could have drafted will be elite the same way we can't say if Darnold will become elite. But I think we can all agree that each one of them has the same possibility of becoming elite and our guy is the only one that gives us a legitimate chance to win now. Rhule and staff saw what almost no one else did at the time and now we have a 24 yr old QB who has as much chance of becoming an elite QB as any QB we could have drafted and has us 3-0 now. I honestly can't find any reason to fault that. 

50 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

My name says it all. I was sold as soon as he gave his first speech to us. Do you guys remember that speech? I wanted to suit up and play for him. 

I fell for the introductory press conference speech with Al Golden. Never again.

He won me over about 3 games into last year - it was clear we were a very well coached team that amounted to more than the sum of its parts AND he'd crushed the Draft. I was all in then. 

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

what was the honey moon window with rivera? the first loosing season or the second?

People were more hyped after Ron’s year 1 than Rhule’s year 1.   Year one of Ron was an exciting time to be a Panther fan.    He tripled the win total of the team he took over and we were building the franchise around the most exciting player ever drafted.   

Ron, Fox and Dom all had exciting starts.   3 years in…..they were all largely loved by the fanbase for what they were building here.   All in the postseason by year 3.   Honeymoon phase.  

55 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

I'm paraphrasing, but I think I just read a few of you guys implying you're near the end of your lives, and you want a Ring for the Panthers before you check out.

I'd lay odds there's no regular contributor on the Huddle who's older (81) than I am, and I don't see it that way.

You should enjoy the chase, accepting the effort from the team you love and root for, and not be so reluctant to give credit where it's due.  All these "I'll say he's great when..." comments are so conditional in their praise as to be meaningless, to me.

If your steak isn't perfectly succulent, or the beer that goes with it isn't chilled to perfection, enjoy it anyway.  If your child isn't perfect, love it every day, anyway.

None of us are gonna get out of this thing alive, and we can't take our toys with us - so try to enjoy the ride, while you're still on the horse.  Don't expect perfection out of anything, and see the good in it.  You'll live longer, and be happier.

Im not dying.  Im giving them what i feel is a reasonable enough time to win 1 championship.

Less “win one for the gipper”

More “before im dead, already”