• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joey Slye waived by Texans

TN05

9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I think they just updated it...

...looks to be under $1.5M.  

Take out taxes, fees he may owe an agent, etc...will be lucky if he has $900k in the bank.

Not bad for 35 games and 73 attempts but he's gonna have to find work at some point -- maybe he gets another NFL shot.

Looks like he did OK at Houston wonder why they cut ties so quickly?

9D2A555D-9DC4-488B-A43C-D98A9AE2454D.jpeg

It says their Kicker Fairbairn was returing, maybe he was just a placeholder until then. 

• Pie 1

Remind me to never hire some of you guys to be my financial advisors.  If you think you can skate by for 50 years by having a few million in the bank...you really haven't looked at retiring yet.  He will 100% have to have a full time job or be broke before his pension kicks in.  Some of y'all really needs to look at how much money you need to retire comfortably at 60, let alone at 25. LOL. 

• Pie 1

Olindo Mare was known as one of the more steady kickers in the league when we signed him but he's now our biggest choker. You just never know with the position there is such a heavy mental burden to it any guy save for Adam Vinatieri has gone through the struggles to some degree.

Edited by frankw

Whatever! We drafted the best kicker in the league now a few years back. He produced for us in preseason and we stuck him on the practice squad like that could stop anything. Now he is routinely banging in winners while we search for answers. Teams kill me with this crap. You know as a GM how important it is to be able to send someone in with no worries from 50 in and highly  accurate from 50 out. Yet you treat it as a backup receiver or linebacker and this is where you end up. There were a number of scrubs they could have cut to keep Butker!

• Pie 1