• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl Halftime Show 2022

Captain Morgan

23 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Not a music genre thing here......I don't like country music any more than people "talking" calling it music today..........

.........but have you ever seen the "up with people" half time shows from the first super bowls??...............LOL....its worse than any kids PBS special you could imagine......go search it on youtube and keep a barf bag ready........

Lol, no.  I think we’re talking two extreme genres and musical styles.  The “do good” part of these hip hop/rap stars is in their private life….starting and coaching kids football league for kids that could not normally afford to play sports, or another donating millions to start a music academy at USC, and then opening up a new high school to partner with the academy.

https://news.usc.edu/187803/lausd-jimmy-iovine-andre-dr-dre-young-new-high-school/

These are good things, admirable things.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m 39 and have seen every super bowl since the football team beat the bills, heh. Prince was great but I’d take Em or Dre any day

It is the huddle…so this tracks

PS.  Prince has more talent in his painted pinky toe than those 2 combined 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

It is the huddle…so this tracks

PS.  Prince has more talent in his painted pinky toe than those 2 combined 

That’s a subjective opinion. I like Prince, he was a great artist. Despite most of his stuff not being my style of music, I still liked a lot of it.  If I had been born 10 years earlier I’d probably have different musical tastes. We’re a product of our environment. I hadn’t even heard any prince music til I was older and my tastes had already been established. So maybe before trying to act like a little snobby bitch, think about how there is more to the world than your limited experiences. 

• Flames 1

I don't mind the lineup or the music, but damn, this isn't a whole lot better than throwing the classic rock bands up there who haven't recorded anything new in years-

Dre's last album was 2017, Eminem and Snoop within the past 2 years, Mary J. Blige- 2017 and Kendrick Lamar was 2017 also.

So, yeah, there won't be any ground-breaking new stuff here.

It’s all subjective. No one cares you think past acts were trash and this is great to you. Everyone they put on has sold tons of music and and is loved by mass people even if it’s not you, there is no difference, including these ‘artists’ you think are awesome, it’s all mainstream and made for money - and that’s the point.

To me, it’s always been mainstream garbage trash, including this year, but I’m not stupid - that’s the kind of entertainment you need for the super bowl and to appease mass audiences.

It’s like one of your favorite bands who have hits that you have been follow to a T, maybe even never knew or cares about their hits because you know every song from every record, and your favorites are songs that no one who doesn’t really like the band will know about about and you go to their concert, every concert, just hoping they play that hidden gem song that you think is fuging awesome and holds meaning for you, and yet it never ever happens.

The super bowl halftime show/performers are like that times a million.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I don't mind the lineup or the music, but damn, this isn't a whole lot better than throwing the classic rock bands up there who haven't recorded anything new in years-

Dre's last album was 2017, Eminem and Snoop within the past 2 years, Mary J. Blige- 2017 and Kendrick Lamar was 2017 also.

So, yeah, there won't be any ground-breaking new stuff here.

Eminem is dropping a new album soon, and his last album was last year. But yea Dre usually takes about a decade between albums and Snoop hasn’t done anything good in forever. I imagine Snoop and Dre’s contributions will be greatest hits from the 90s

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s a subjective opinion. I like Prince, he was a great artist. Despite most of his stuff not being my style of music, I still liked a lot of it.  If I had been born 10 years earlier I’d probably have different musical tastes. We’re a product of our environment. I hadn’t even heard any prince music til I was older and my tastes had already been established. So maybe before trying to act like a little snobby bitch, think about how there is more to the world than your limited experiences. 

Yep I’ve never listened to Eminem or Dre. You nailed it dude. I only wish I had as much experience as you 😂