• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE C.J. Uzomah

musicman

Watching him last night, I see a Tommy Tremble like build and player. He's big and can block and can move and catch in space. A true TE. As much as I liked Arnold, he was really a big WR type. Tremble has the build and mentality of a Gronk and if he can do 1/2 of what Gronk still does, we're in business with a solid TE. I know he's not there yet and I'm not crowning him Gronk, but watching CJ play last night reminded me of Tremble. 

• Pie 4

I said it while he was still here, Arnold basically played like a bigger, slower version of Funchess. Big dudes who play small. We had enough pure receiving options. We needed to field a more balanced TE who was better equipped to help out in the blocking department where Arnold's blocking ability was basically limited to just hoping to maybe get in someone's way. We saw that and quickly changed course. That's a welcome departure from the approach of previous regimes.

• Pie 5

Athletically, Tremble is a better prospect than Gronk was.  He's faster and stronger.  Obviously, that doesn't make him translate to the All Pro level, it just means that athletically there is no reason he can't get there.  In fact, Tremble compares very favorably in the measurable department to Travis Kelce.  Again, Tremble ain't Kelce.

As with pretty much every position and player in the NFL, the success of Tommy Tremble will come from things that happen off the field and between the ears.

37 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Athletically, Tremble is a better prospect than Gronk was.  He's faster and stronger.  Obviously, that doesn't make him translate to the All Pro level, it just means that athletically there is no reason he can't get there.  In fact, Tremble compares very favorably in the measurable department to Travis Kelce.  Again, Tremble ain't Kelce.

As with pretty much every position and player in the NFL, the success of Tommy Tremble will come from things that happen off the field and between the ears.

Woah now. Slow down.

37 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I think tremble more resembles kittle in measurements. Gronk is HUGE. Has like 3 more inches in height and 15 more lbs than Tommy. 

Agreed. And I think Gronk played much of his career significantly north of his listed weight. I bet that dude is taking the field at 280 these days.

Fast forward two years and if all goes according to plan, Tremble resembles Kittle and Kittle is a BEAST. We'd all be thrilled.

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said it while he was still here, Arnold basically played like a bigger, slower version of Funchess. Big dudes who play small. We had enough pure receiving options. We needed to field a more balanced TE who was better equipped to help out in the blocking department where Arnold's blocking ability was basically limited to just hoping to maybe get in someone's way. We saw that and quickly changed course. That's a welcome departure from the approach of previous regimes.

Grain of salt or not the team didn't WANT to trade Dan Arnold, the Jaguars insisted on him being apart of the deal. There are plenty of sourced quotes you can look up on that. 

Uzomah is 6'7'' Tremble is listed in different places as 6'3 -4'', Dan Arnold is 6'6'', he actually more closely imitates Uzomah's size. 

I think more than anything this just ramps up the time table on Tremble's on field development, they have to be comfortable with a pairing of him and Thomas moving forward. I like everything Tremble brings to the table, I'm looking forward to more reps and accelerating his development. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Grain of salt or not the team didn't WANT to trade Dan Arnold, the Jaguars insisted on him being apart of the deal. There are plenty of sourced quotes you can look up on that. 

Uzomah is 6'7'' Tremble is listed in different places as 6'3 -4'', Dan Arnold is 6'6'', he actually more closely imitates Uzomah's size. 

I think more than anything this just ramps up the time table on Tremble's on field development, they have to be comfortable with a pairing of him and Thomas moving forward. I like everything Tremble brings to the table, I'm looking forward to more reps and accelerating his development. 

Maybe we just don't want to poo on a guy on his way out who worked hard and was well liked within the organization?