• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE C.J. Uzomah

musicman

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe we just don't want to poo on a guy on his way out who worked hard and was well liked within the organization?

It's quoted that the Jaguars asked for him to be apart of the deal directly. So the OTHER team making the request doesn't equate to us ''not wanting to poo on a guy on his way out''. Was just honest commentary and transparency on the deal. 

It's a situation where we didn't have a choice if we wanted to secure C.J. Henderson. 

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

It's quoted that the Jaguars asked for him to be apart of the deal directly. So the OTHER team making the request doesn't equate to us ''not wanting to poo on a guy on his way out''. Was just honest commentary and transparency on the deal. 

It's a situation where we didn't have a choice if we wanted to secure C.J. Henderson. 

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think they didn't want to trade Arnold in the same way Jacksonville wanted to trade CJ; they weren't actively shopping him and wanting to get rid of him. I'm sure they were happy to have him as a decent 4th or 5th receiving option and depth at a position we are thin on high end talent. But I think it's clear we didn't value him as much as we had hoped when we signed him and may have even been quietly pleased he ended up helping us acquire a player with tremendous upside at a position of need and value.