• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 NFL Analysts Give Bold Predictions for this Week (Panthers in 2 of them)

CarolinaLivin

Joe Thomas: Zach Wilson finally plays the way Jets fans dreamed when he was drafted No. 2 overall. The rookie gets the first win of his NFL career behind a 100-yard rushing game, and he adds 275 yards passing and a pair of TDs.

Nate Burleson: The Panthers' defense has impressed early this season, having allowed only 191 yards per game (146 passing, 45 rushing). The unit also hasn't allowed a running back to rush for 25 yards yet this season. That comes to an end Sunday as Zeke runs over the unit for at least 100 yards and three TDs in a Dallas win.

Maurice Jones-Drew: The Seattle Seahawks bounce back after a pair of losses to defeat division-rival San Francisco on the road. They get it done behind a dazzling performance from Russell Wilson, who throws for four touchdowns and runs one in for his fifth on the day.

DeAngelo Hall: The Panthers' No. 1-ranked overall defense continues to dominate on the road in Dallas, helping the team improve to 4-0. The Cowboys' potent offense is limited, with Dak Prescott getting sacked five times.

Marc Ross: During the Denver Broncos' 3-0 start over the Giants, Jaguars and Jets -- who have a combined record of 0-9 -- their defense has been absolutely dominant, ranking first in the NFL in points per game allowed and second in total and rushing yards per game. Now comes a true test vs. the league's best rushing attack in the Baltimore Ravens. Lamar Jackson, who ranks first in the NFL with 7.2 yards per carry, will lead the way with his second 100-yard rushing game of the season while handing the Broncos their first L.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-week-4-bold-predictions-jets-zach-wilson-get-first-win-panthers-d-stuns-cowb

Edited by CarolinaLivin

12 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

100+ yards and 3 TDs. 😂

When is the last time a number 1 ranked D gave up 100+ and 3 TDs to one player. I’m just curious about the absurdity of this prediction. 

What's even more absurd is the player.  Zeke has exactly two 100+ yard games in his last 19 - one of which was in a blowout over Philly last December.  Sorry Nate, Zeke looks washed to me.  He's good on blitz pickup, so I expect to see a lot of him this weekend.  But I'm not bullish on his chances of being great in the run game.

I guess that's why it's a "bold" prediction?

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Nate Burleson: The Panthers' defense has impressed early this season, having allowed only 191 yards per game (146 passing, 45 rushing). The unit also hasn't allowed a running back to rush for 25 yards yet this season. That comes to an end Sunday

If he stopped here, he might be right. There's a chance Zeke or Pollard will rush for more than 25 yards. But that's as far as I'm willing to go.

As far as Deangelo Hall's prediction, I wouldn't call that bold. Seriously would anyone be remotely surprised if that happens? 

• Pie 1