• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 NFL Analysts Give Bold Predictions for this Week (Panthers in 2 of them)

CarolinaLivin

On Nate's take:

I think after their game against Philly stopping the run is our #1 priority. We are going to put it into Dak's hands and dare them to beat us through the air. With the pass rush we have, this has got to be the plan. Dak likes to get the ball out early, but I just don't see that happening with the way we mix up the blitz and coverage. If he tries to throw too early, he could find a defensive end sitting in that spot. Force Dak to hold it longer than he wants and go get him!

Edited by mbarbour21
Fixing spelling

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

What's even more absurd is the player.  Zeke has exactly two 100+ yard games in his last 19 - one of which was in a blowout over Philly last December.  Sorry Nate, Zeke looks washed to me.  He's good on blitz pickup, so I expect to see a lot of him this weekend.  But I'm not bullish on his chances of being great in the run game.

I guess that's why it's a "bold" prediction?

Pollard is the best back in Dallas.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Pollard is the best back in Dallas.  

I agree. If I am paying a RB the money I'm paying Zeke, Pollard would not be getting the amount of carries he is currently getting. When I am watching Cowboy games I find myself questioning why the hell Zeke ain't in the game? If they were going to do that, they shouldn't have paid Zeke.

Chargers pretty easily held Dallas to 20 points. Bucs D is absolutely terrible and the Eagles just melted down against them last week. I'd be shocked too if we even allowed 30. Us allowing 40 is even more outrageous than Zeke getting 100 yards and 3 TDs.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

What's even more absurd is the player.  Zeke has exactly two 100+ yard games in his last 19 - one of which was in a blowout over Philly last December.  Sorry Nate, Zeke looks washed to me.  He's good on blitz pickup, so I expect to see a lot of him this weekend.  But I'm not bullish on his chances of being great in the run game.

I guess that's why it's a "bold" prediction?

Zeke is currently the number 2 running back by DVOA. His backup is number 1.

3 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

If he stopped here, he might be right. There's a chance Zeke or Pollard will rush for more than 25 yards. But that's as far as I'm willing to go.

As far as Deangelo Hall's prediction, I wouldn't call that bold. Seriously would anyone be remotely surprised if that happens? 

On this board, no.  Outside of Panther Nation, Yes. 

Not many out there respect us.  We're already hearing "They're 3-0 but..."

It depends on what defense we play this week.  If we play man and load the box he won't get 50. Because Dak gets it out in under 2.5 seconds and the rush doesn't get their often, some teams play more guys deep and only rush 3 like Rivera used to do with Brees who threw on timing routes not when he felt pressure. Then zeke will have a field day. No I want man coverage and guys blitzing and creating chaos. I would rather live or die being aggressive and nasty. I just hope Snow keeps the hammer down. I hate those 3 man rush  prevent zones that fools no one.

• Pie 2

How did you miss Baldy's take?

"Brian Baldinger: With the Carolina Panthers having four more days of rest than Dallas after their respective Week 3 prime-time wins, look for Matt Rhule to have his team prepared to go into AT&T Stadium and come out with an upset victory. Carolina's coaching staff is skilled enough to game plan around the losses of Christian McCaffrey and Jaycee Horn, with the talented defense challenging a Cowboys offense that seemingly has few weaknesses. I am interested to see how Brian Burns and Haason Reddick attack right tackle Terence Steele. All in all, Carolina's D shuts down the Cowboys' fifth-ranked offense."

• Beer 2