• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The future at CB

MHS831

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If Henderson, Horn and Dante work out, Chinn at SS and we add a FS, this could be a wicked secondary for the next 3-4 years until contract time. Opposing offenses are gonna be like Waffle House hash browns.

Scattered, smothered covered topped capped and diced. 

I hope we get a stud FS but to be honest we probably won’t need one with the man coverage ability our CBs have. Burris is a solid option that got progressively better. 

Not saying I don’t want an upgrade but it probably won’t be realistic for us to have blue chip players at every position on D.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If Henderson, Horn and Dante work out, Chinn at SS and we add a FS, this could be a wicked secondary for the next 3-4 years until contract time. Opposing offenses are gonna be like Waffle House hash browns.

Yep.  We need to take advantage of the unique situation of having Horn, Henderson and Chinn on rookie deals for the next few years.  This is the perfect time to extend Jackson for 3 years or so and really develop the best secondary in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You had me at 'scattered, smothered and covered'...

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

I hope we get a stud FS but to be honest we probably won’t need one with the man coverage ability our CBs have. Burris is a solid option that got progressively better. 

Not saying I don’t want an upgrade but it probably won’t be realistic for us to have blue chip players at every position on D.

I would rather start focusing on o line than spend draft capital on a safety. Same goes with FA. We have to fix that next. 

• Pie 2

And this is only year 2 of Snow's defense.  Add another draft and free agency, 'Lawd have mercy...'

The really scary part for other team's offensive coordinators, with the few camera shots we get of Snow up in the press box during the game, he looks like he's having fun and sporting an evil grin...