• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Cowboys GameDay Thread

Zod

14 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Yup. We're essentially playing with house money at this point.  Hopefully we keep it going, but I'm also just hoping to see continued progress from the defense, our young guys, and Darnold. If we end us losing, show me positive signs at least. 

That said, let's go fug their world up. 

Yeah. These type of seasons are fun. Unexpectedly solid team. I went into this season hoping for 2 or 3 more wins than last year and to remain competitive. This team is super young, you just wanna see growth and so far we have seen that. I still say if we only win 4 or 5 more games this season it’s a successful season. Answer some questions about Darnold and some of the young oline pieces we have. I think this team can hang with anyone even with our injuries last game. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

This usually goes one of two ways: either we keep winning and make a run, or the losing streak starts.

We should know by this evening.

I'm not really worried about the losing streak starting now. Next week is Philly. The next tough team we'll face with be Minnesota in 2 weeks. That will be a tough match-up. After that it's NYG, @Atl which we'll need to be careful but they don't look very good and then NE with a rookie QB.  

Here's something from David Newton that I like:

Countered Newton: “Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold will outperform Dallas’ Dak Prescott -- mainly because he’ll be under less duress. The Panthers lead the NFL in sacks (14) and quarterback hits (27....They are facing a Dallas team that gave up four sacks to the Eagles on Monday night.”

I look forward to seeing Dak on the ground.  One of the things I read somewhere is that Dak does not do a good job feeling pressure.  I hope he feels it in his bones today.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Yup. We're essentially playing with house money at this point.  Hopefully we keep it going, but I'm also just hoping to see continued progress from the defense, our young guys, and Darnold. If we end us losing, show me positive signs at least. 

That said, let's go fug their world up. 

This. We don't HAVE to win today for me to come out of it with a positive feeling. A win would obviously be preferable, but competing, having a chance to win, and basically looking like we belong on the field with what looks to be a pretty good NFL team would be an overall positive sign.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

just hoping our offense can score enough points.  I believe in our defense.

The Eagles had 303 yards passing, and 64 yards rushing and 2 TOs..  We need to protect and run the ball, it looks like we will be able to pass.  Sam needs a good day.  Cmon Sam, good day today.

This game will be about our offensive production, period.  Dallas will put up some points, nothing crazy, but don't expect us to hold our 10 point per game average here.  We will probably have to put up over 24 points to win.  Our defense will slow Dallas, but won't be able to shut them down, so the Panthers offense has to bring it today.

• Beer 1