• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here are your OL Free Agents after this season

Captain Morgan

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Center above everything. If we moved on from Erving it would cost us over 5 million in dead cap and if we move on from both him and Elflein next year it would be ten million in dead cap. Odds are they aren't going anywhere. Bad signings.

Are these numbers accurate? Good gawd. For those guys I would have made them pay me

8 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I think center is the biggest need because Paradis is throwing everything off and everyone has to compensate for it. 

Looks like there are some options available for Center next season. Guess it really depends on how they feel with their current team and if they are going to open up the wallet

Considering how we did with olinemen this year in free agency, I'm not comfortable with this crew throwing contracts that way.

At this point, if Fritts is as good as we hope and frankly need, he can trade away some players for better ones in the draft. Being in the corner where you get ride of quality draft picks and over priced free agents will look like Seatle, without Russ. No cap, no picks and no good options but to start a fire sale. If we can get a 2nd and 5th for a player like Shaq, pull the trigger. Anyone not on a rookie contract should be considered if they are not a great player. 

• Poo 1

So, I've advocated for signing Mitchell Schwartz to a make good deal, knowing he may not be able to play much, if at all, this season.

Also interesting that Erving has *some* experience playing center. I would say he would at least be a mild improvement in the center position, if not a major one.

I know the bye isn't for several weeks, but I would take the chance on moving Moton to LT, putting Brady at RT with Erving at C and see if something clicks. The time for trying things is now.

Next year, you could have Moton at LT (or a draft pick), Schwartz at RT, Erving at C and draft picks/FA to fill the rest.