• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened to our D in Dallas?

SBBlue

5 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

How do you say I'm a fuging smooth brained neanderthal hucklefug in less than 10 words

Ummm... Lol, I don't even know what youre trying to say here. But you Cajuns are notorious for that. So... what game did YOU watch today? You sober yet?

5 hours ago, Mage said:

I thought we were getting okay pressure throughout the day.  He only threw for 188 yards.  Dallas came with a good game-plan though.  They didn't give up on the run, which was gashing us and I think it made our pass rushers a little hesitant on attacking.  Even when they threw, it was often off play-action.  And when the pocket collapsed, Dak was just really, really good at getting the ball out.

Sacks often can be very random.  I'm not saying we couldn't have done things better, we absolutely could have.  We have to be better at the point of attack on run defense.  But I truly felt like Dallas just came with a great game-plan and were executing on offense very well.  I didn't see us miss a lot of tackles.  I didn't see our DBs get flat-out beat.  Cowboys just played great.  And I know that isn't something a lot of people always want to hear, but IMO it's the truth.  Cowboys are a great team (Kellen Moore is 100% getting a HC job sooner than later).  We are a good team.  And I think that was the difference today.  

Some people just cannot see the truth... we're 3-1 right now with a ton of games still ahead. The Cardinals just embarrassed the Rams and the Rams looked like the best team in the NFC last week. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dallas is a Superbowl contender THIS year like it or not! Our Panthers are still building, but without doubt, we're moving in the right direction. It takes time, and it takes getting exposed sometimes to find out where we need to improve. There is a TON to like about the Panthers right now despite losing to a team everyone hates to lose to.

7 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Combination of injuries, officiating and just playing a better offense/QB.

The Cowboys were missing more players due to injuries than the Panthers, so thats not a valid excuse.   The Cowboys were just a better team than the Jets, Saints and Texans.   

• Poo 1

7 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Free holding if you wore a star.... Not just the little stuff either huge and blatant holds.

Both teams had holds that weren't called, just like the rest of the NFL teams in the league.   Cowboys are just a better team right now. 

2 minutes ago, Fug Drump said:

The Cowboys were missing more players due to injuries than the Panthers, so thats not a valid excuse.   The Cowboys were just a better team than the Jets, Saints and Texans.   

Lol okay. Is that why the Cowboys did so well last year sans their best player?

Sit Dak and let's play the game again. That's the difference between CMC and not. He's that important to the Panthers...

Not to mention missing far and away our best defensive back, starting safety, etc...

1 minute ago, Fug Drump said:

Both teams had holds that weren't called, just like the rest of the NFL teams in the league.   Cowboys are just a better team right now. 

They were the better team. Acknowledging refs helping them out doesn't change that... Fewer meaningful injuries, better half time adjustments.  Maybe this will finally be their year to put it all together.

Games turn on a few plays and it's pretty clear the refs had a huge hand in one of em.

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Lol okay. Is that why the Cowboys did so well last year sans their best player?

Sit Dak and let's play the game again. That's the difference between CMC and not. He's that important to the Panthers...

Not to mention missing far and away our best defensive back, starting safety, etc...

I cant argue with you there, but missing 2 starters compared to missing 6 or 7 starters is a lil different.   Missing CMC is quite a blow tho.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

7 hours ago, ncstatekwi said:

R E F S.....REFS REFS REFS.....nuff said SON!!!

When you tell me which ref threw 2 ints and a potential 3rd...  when you tell me which ref that allowed multiple sacks by missing blocks, then I'll agree with you.  But last I checked, the Panthers got outplayed by a better team.

7 minutes ago, Fug Drump said:

I cant argue with you there, but missing 2 starters compared to missing 6 or 7 starters is a lil different.   Missing CMC is quite a blow tho.

Not just 2 starters. We have 3-4 starters on IR, including Horn that was playing lights out at CB, a starting safety, and Elflein from the OL (admittedly not that great anyway)... not to mention 2 other dbs that would be starting if they weren't on IR now... plus CMC and our starting run stopping DE inactive this game due to injuries.  

I'm not saying the Cowboys are bad or completely healthy, but the Panthers are really hurting right now.

6 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You won by 8 points and you know good and well that not reviewable fumble was a huge momentum shift in your team's favor that the refs just happened to get wrong. Been watching football my whole life and it's always been this way with Dallas. It's just a cold hard reality that there are certain teams the league favors for marketing reasons. 

You're arrogant because your team always gets the calls and most of the time your team still sucks. On top of that, on average Cowboy fans are the least knowledgeable of any fan base in the NFL. I honestly have nothing against most of your players. It's your garbage of a human being owner and your bangwagon no nothing poo for brains fanbase that I take issue with. 

Cowboys fans are always the first to run their mouths when the team wins and the first to make excuses when they suck, so get your sorry ass outta here with your pot calling the kettle black bullshit.

If the league and refs cheat for Dallas, why haven't they been to a Superbowl in over 20 years???  Bandwagon fans only hop on to winning teams...  if thats the case, the Cowboys haven't won in over 20 years so how can their fans be considered "Bandwagon" fans??  With that said, there are Panthers fans making excuses as to why they loss today....  the same thing you've accused the Cowboys fans of doing when they lose.  Do you care to explain these baseless accusations???

I'll wait....

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Not just 2 starters. We have 3-4 starters on IR, including Horn that was playing lights out at CB, a starting safety, and Elflein from the OL (admittedly not that great anyway)... not to mention 2 other dbs that would be starting if they weren't on IR now... plus CMC and our starting run stopping DE inactive this game due to injuries.  

I'm not saying the Cowboys are bad or completely healthy, but the Panthers are really hurting right now.

You've made great points, I respect that.