• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened to our D in Dallas?

SBBlue

10 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Absolutely, having a great qb makes it easier to run the ball. The threat of their passing game (much better than the rookies we faced) changed the way we defended the run and they took advantage of it.  

No offense but your stretching that line of reasoning a bit. It might be a factor but the overall difference is not just qb play. If that premise were true, then great qb play would almost universally result in great running production. As we can clearly see from the history of the NFL overall, this isn't really the case.  There is no clear casual relationship between the two.

3 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

If the league and refs cheat for Dallas, why haven't they been to a Superbowl in over 20 years???  Bandwagon fans only hop on to winning teams...  if thats the case, the Cowboys haven't won in over 20 years so how can their fans be considered "Bandwagon" fans??  With that said, there are Panthers fans making excuses as to why they loss today....  the same thing you've accused the Cowboys fans of doing when they lose.  Do you care to explain these baseless accusations???

I'll wait....

Because the refs only help so much. A meddling owner who treats his team like a glorified fantasy league team does a lot to undermine that team's success. As for making excuses, I made exactly one point about an officiating call. It was a call we could all see was quite clearly wrong, and it was obviously enormously impactful in a close game. As a fan of the team who consistently gets favorable treatment from the officials, you can of course be relied upon to turn a blind eye towards that bias and use rhetorical strategies to shift the focus. The point remains.

When I say bandwagon fans with regards to the Cowboys, I mean that a large percentage of their playerbase cheer for the team because they are hyped nationally, not because they consistently produce winning football. Over the years that I've had discussions with fans of other teams, what I see is that fans of the Packers and Steelers consistently know their poo when it comes to the game, Eagles fans are consistently obnoxious win or lose, and Cowboy fans consistently know the least about the game.  The Cowboys have fielded the best offensive line in football for several years now, featuring Tyron Smith and Zach Martin, two of the very best at their respective positions, yet Cowboys fans consistently speak only of how awesome Eliot is. Most cannot name even a single offensive lineman.  When I talk to Packers fans and Steelers fans, they are intimately aware of the strengths and weaknesses of their team, Cowboys fans are oblivious not only to their own linemen, but to what a tool Jerry Jones is.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Great o-line

lucky for us the majority of the league has line problems. Go to a fan forum of any team and you will see them complaining about the o-line

I’m sorry. After reviewing some of the game on DVR. Dallas OL was holding like crazy. 

5 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

When you tell me which ref threw 2 ints and a potential 3rd...  when you tell me which ref that allowed multiple sacks by missing blocks, then I'll agree with you.  But last I checked, the Panthers got outplayed by a better team.

Huh?  So if you play a perfect game with perfect blocks and win 90-0, then you can complain about the footlocker-rejects?

Ignore on.  

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You won by 8 points and you know good and well that not reviewable fumble was a huge momentum shift in your team's favor that the refs just happened to get wrong. Been watching football my whole life and it's always been this way with Dallas. It's just a cold hard reality that there are certain teams the league favors for marketing reasons. 

You're arrogant because your team always gets the calls and most of the time your team still sucks. On top of that, on average Cowboy fans are the least knowledgeable of any fan base in the NFL. I honestly have nothing against most of your players. It's your garbage of a human being owner and your bangwagon no nothing poo for brains fanbase that I take issue with. 

Cowboys fans are always the first to run their mouths when the team wins and the first to make excuses when they suck, so get your sorry ass outta here with your pot calling the kettle black bullshit.

Bro yall keep whining about a MOMENTUM shift. That was in the freaking FIRST QUARTER. Fact is you had three quarters to get it right and didn't. THREE QUARTERS.

• Poo 2

14 hours ago, TheoJay10 said:

They realized at half time we weren’t showing any type of gap disciple. They adjusted and we didn’t. I do not know what Phil thought would happen but. They kept pulling linemen into the blitz and our guys weren’t strong or big enough to handle all those big bodies inside. That needs to be adjusted ASAP. We need a few looks with more big bodies in the middle. Guys holding the edge and LBs not so eager to get through the line of scrimmage after the snap. Pollard and Zeke hesitated before each run because they knew we’d come fast and once the bodies got stuck between the hog mollies they just squeezed through without being touched. 

This

Just now, LukeTXbro said:

Bro yall keep whining about a MOMENTUM shift. That was in the freaking FIRST QUARTER. Fact is you had three quarters to get it right and didn't. THREE QUARTERS.

Lol these are professional athletes that spend their whole lives to reach this level. The outcomes come down to the smallest mistakes.

And you think cheating a team out of a crucial turnover to swing the game doesn’t matter. Nor does multiple bad spots and flagrant holding.

BuT ThEY HaD THuuuHreEEE qUArteRRS

5 minutes ago, LukeTXbro said:

Is this dude really trying to say that a blown call that led to a Dallas touchdown was not a factor in the loss of a one score game??

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Lol these are professional athletes that spend their whole lives to reach this level. The outcomes come down to the smallest mistakes.

And you think cheating a team out of a crucial turnover to swing the game doesn’t matter. Nor does multiple bad spots and flagrant holding.

BuT ThEY HaD THuuuHreEEE qUArteRRS

Exactly. Three quarters. And they were so traumatized they couldn’t get anything going for the rest of the game? Lol THAT is what a professional team would do. 

• Poo 2