• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A critique of Darnold through 4 games

LinvilleGorge

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That play to DJ was pretty good.. I think this is a give it time situation...

And we've given it time.  It is a clear problem.  We do not design pass-plays well in the red-zone.  

I think it will get better.  Joe Brady is a young OC and it takes time.  But it is absolutely a problem at the moment.

he looked amazeballs in the 4th when the defense backed off and he had a cleaner pocket. they were hurrying more, so he didn’t have to make reads or progressions.

next season, after a year in the offense, i hope to see him have a more complex playbook and make better decisions and progressions on the fly. if he doesn’t show much improvement, then we may be seeing his ceiling.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

And we've given it time.  It is a clear problem.  We do not design pass-plays well in the red-zone.  

I think it will get better.  Joe Brady is a young OC and it takes time.  But it is absolutely a problem at the moment.

4 game is enough time..

10 minutes ago, Mage said:

As someone who has defended Joe Brady for the last year and a half...

He sucks at scheming up throws in the red-zone.  And I think they have finally realized that, hence why Darnold runs so much down there.  I mean it's gotten to the point where it has got to fall on the OC.  And we just suck at throwing in the redzone.  

Then we need to fire Brady or hope he leaves for a HC job or, if he is still here next year, have some OC mentor him on scheming TDs in the redzone that don’t rely on your QB to run it in. 
Honestly I am kinda sick of him. 

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Then we need to fire Brady or hope he leaves for a HC job or, if he is still here next year, have some OC mentor him on scheming TDs in the redzone that don’t rely on your QB to run it in. 
Honestly I am kinda sick of him. 

I mean... we could still do a hell of a lot worse than Joe Brady.  

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again that's great but all stats need context.. 

You want the context narrowed down to the point that it only includes Sam Darnold. When you're looking at all starting QBs and you're ranked in the mid-20s in certain categories it's not just gonna be future HOFers in front of you. Including Teddy's stats from last year was providing context.

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

He has had a full season. No more excuses. In his second season he should be able to scheme TD passes. 

1 minute ago, Mage said:

You do realize Joe Brady was the OC last year... right?

Yes during a pandemic offseason with different weapons and a different qb... 

That's alot of different variables..

Kellen the OC for Dallas didn't looks so hot until a couple season with Dak right??