• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile, over at that other expansion team...

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Captain Morgan said:

Michael Lombardi
@mlombardiNFL

57m
According to two Jacksonville sources, there are many closed-door meetings happening over the last two days in the football offices and none of them have anything to do with the Titans. Stay tuned. This might get ugly.

It'd be too soon to fire him, but that's never stopped stuff from happening before.

I think people are missing the point as to why "high level meetings" may be taking place regarding Urban. I'm sure Khan wouldn't care if Urban banged out every chick east of the Mississippi if the Jags were 3-1 or 4-0.

The problem is the Jags just got their ass kicked in a winnable TNF game and Urban sent the team home while he stayed in Ohio to get loaded at a bar with his blonde groupie. As an owner, that would show me he doesn't give a fug about the team or franchise. He should've been on the plane back to Jacksonville with the rest of the team. It has nothing to do with morals and all that crap.  

• Pie 6

Just now, DaddyDarnold said:

I think people are missing the point as to why "high level meetings" may be taking place regarding Urban. I'm sure Khan wouldn't care if Urban banged out every chick east of the Mississippi if the Jags were 3-1 or 4-0.

The problem is the Jags just got their ass kicked in a winnable TNF game and Urban sent the team home while he stayed in Ohio to get loaded at a bar with his blonde groupie. As an owner, that would show me he doesn't give a fug about the team or franchise. He should've been on the plane back to Jacksonville with the rest of the team. It has nothing to do with morals and all that crap.  

Valid.

11 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

Isn’t all that tied in with the character stuff?  That creature has more baggage than I had on my first extended trip back in the 70s when I took everything I owned.  A hellava lot. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Isn’t all that tied in with the character stuff?  That creature has more baggage than I had on my first extended trip back in the 70s when I took everything I owned.  A hellava lot. 

Obviously a lot of that goes hand in hand. But winning is king in sports. If you win you can get away with a ton of stuff you can't get away with if you're losing.

Lane Kiffin is a good example. He's as slimy as they come, spotted in bars with college chicks all the time, etc. But he seems to be doing a good job turning Ole Miss around so the rest gets swept under the rug. You have to go full on Rick Pitino to get fired when you're a winner. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

Ownership might have a light talking to about his behavior if he'd won any games or had a team that was showing real growth or potential... But you're right. When you aren't winning, everything else matters more.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

Obviously a lot of that goes hand in hand. But winning is king in sports. If you win you can get away with a ton of stuff you can't get away with if you're losing.

Lane Kiffin is a good example. He's as slimy as they come, spotted in bars with college chicks all the time, etc. But he seems to be doing a good job turning Ole Miss around so the rest gets swept under the rug. You have to go full on Rick Pitino to get fired when you're a winner. 

Lane also got left on the tarmac at LAX, Sarkisian fired after a drunken, exploitive rant (I was there) at an alumni function. 

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Flames 1