• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile, over at that other expansion team...

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Supposedly these videos are from her phone.  There is another pic with her head on his shoulder.  Her name is Cayman Nebraska.

There's no way he "just met her" at some random party as he claims. She's an Ohio State alum and they met in June for some photo shoot at his restaurant. This was an on-going slamfest. LOL

51 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Supposedly these videos are from her phone.  There is another pic with her head on his shoulder.  Her name is Cayman Nebraska.

LOL! My dad always said "Boy, don't mess with girls named after a state." I just saw his ghost yelling "She's named after a bunch of islands AND a state you dammed fool!"

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, aces said:

Looks like Larry Eustachy and Bobby Petrino will be inducting another ding dong in to their "Head Coaches Terminated for Banging Co-eds Half Their Age Club" soon. There's no way Urb lasts the entire season when he's responsible for turning the team into the Jagoffs: the biggest laughing stock in NFL. 

Turning them into? LOL they’ve lost 19 straight games and had like 3 good seasons in their almost 30 year history. 

Edited by joemac

33 minutes ago, Ncpantherfan71 said:

332nd, where/why did you choose that name?

Long story short, I was adopted & knew it since I can remember.

My mom's dad (a member of the 761st in WWII btw) had a friend/neighbor who was a member of the 332nd in WWII. Yes the Tuskegee Airmen.

I started randomly "adopting" people when I was about 5 & granddad died a year later. Mr./Cpt. J took over granddad duties whenever I was up there, he didn't have to, but did out if love & respect, so its in honor of him.

• Beer 4

Pretty good article here by Athletic college football writer Andy Staples analyzing / summarizing the situation.

No Trust, No Respect, No Wins

Excerpt:

Khan had an opportunity to pull the ripcord Tuesday on a situation that wasn’t working well before this incident but now has no plausible path forward. Perhaps Khan’s attorneys advised him that firing Meyer for cause could get messy and potentially more expensive if Meyer took legal action. Instead, Khan chose to keep Meyer for now, a decision which necessitated a statement. That statement makes no sense, but how could it? Even the most skilled public relations wizard couldn’t provide a logical explanation for this decision. The only thing the Jaguars can say is, “Oh well. We’re keeping him.”

In college football, where Meyer won three national titles and is regarded as one of the best coaches in history, they pretend the sport is a morality play until a coach wins so much that he can commit amoral acts with impunity or a morally sound coach loses so much that he gets canned. The NFL isn’t like that. Unlike college football, which also is a multibillion-dollar business, NFL teams admit they’re part of a multibillion-dollar business. So let’s strip moral questions from this situation and look at it from a cold business perspective.

Meyer, whose team was 0-4 following a Thursday night loss at Cincinnati, does not seem to be adjusting well to the NFL, where he can’t follow one Bosa brother with another and then sign Chase Young to keep one position room stocked.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty good article here by Athletic college football writer Andy Staples analyzing / summarizing the situation.

No Trust, No Respect, No Wins

Excerpt:

Khan had an opportunity to pull the ripcord Tuesday on a situation that wasn’t working well before this incident but now has no plausible path forward. Perhaps Khan’s attorneys advised him that firing Meyer for cause could get messy and potentially more expensive if Meyer took legal action. Instead, Khan chose to keep Meyer for now, a decision which necessitated a statement. That statement makes no sense, but how could it? Even the most skilled public relations wizard couldn’t provide a logical explanation for this decision. The only thing the Jaguars can say is, “Oh well. We’re keeping him.”

In college football, where Meyer won three national titles and is regarded as one of the best coaches in history, they pretend the sport is a morality play until a coach wins so much that he can commit amoral acts with impunity or a morally sound coach loses so much that he gets canned. The NFL isn’t like that. Unlike college football, which also is a multibillion-dollar business, NFL teams admit they’re part of a multibillion-dollar business. So let’s strip moral questions from this situation and look at it from a cold business perspective.

Meyer, whose team was 0-4 following a Thursday night loss at Cincinnati, does not seem to be adjusting well to the NFL, where he can’t follow one Bosa brother with another and then sign Chase Young to keep one position room stocked.

So...which team does Trevor Lawrence end up with after 4 years?  😏

Edited by glenwo2

Don't get me wrong, I thought hiring Meyer was a dumb move on the part of Jacksonville.  I am not a fan of hiring college coaches for NFL teams, especially when they come from big programs where he main path to success is recruiting well. 

But they had a bad team last year, and added a rookie qb this year.  They would likely be 0-4 regardless of who the coach is.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1