• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowboys release LB Jaylon Smith

App Panther

Jaylon’s issues are beyond the box score. His breakdowns and mental lapses in coverage are easy to see and his tackles, while many, are happening after opponents are well past the line of scrimmage. His actual effectiveness on the field has dropped significantly from 2018; one of the lower-graded starting linebackers in football.

No, the issues now with Jaylon are ones we never saw coming. He’s not the elite player we were promised, despite being fully and consistently healthy  

https://insidethestar.com/jaylon-smith-was-always-high-risk-but-nobody-expected-this/

1 minute ago, NeederNodder said:

Isn't he an injury liability? Dallas clearly has something going for them this year and I'm not surprised they are cutting loose ends like him.

Apparently he’s healthy now for a few years. We gotta kick the tires here. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, NeederNodder said:

Isn't he an injury liability? Dallas clearly has something going for them this year and I'm not surprised they are cutting loose ends like him.

Sounds like his injury guarantee is part of the reason why they are cutting him and couldn't find a trade partner. 

9 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

That means he really has fell off, they release him with all that money owed. We don’t need to touch him.

When you are a snap away from having Clay Johnston and Julian Stanford starting, he is worth a 1 year prove it deal. Even if it’s as a rotational player. 

Def wouldn’t move on it if he’s wanting “fug you” money.

11 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

That means he really has fell off, they release him with all that money owed. We don’t need to touch him.

This was about money and what was waiting in the wings and could be saved for the future. This is actually one of his better starts to a season in a while. We don't have anything depth wise and he'd be an instant upgrade over the backups, as well as a great leader. We need to look hard, especially with Shaq missing time. I'd hope we'd at least try to get him. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're pretty far down the waiver wire. I hope we make a claim though.

LG have you seen his contract?

0.0% panthers claim him.

They signed Neal and drafted Cox(who I wanted the panthers to draft)...something happened during the off-season that soured the relationship. He only got 25% of the snaps in game one and same for the panthers(close to 80% for others). I heard he was one of Jerriahs favs, but everyone else wanted to move on. When Neal a career safety thats came off a couple huge injuries is signed as a LB and they prefer him, something is fugy...

Panthers need LBs and he plays LB....Shaq is rumored to miss game/s and panthers have the most cap space........Lets see what type of stones Finessererererer is bringing this time.......I bet Smith signs with NYG, Wash, or Philly.....they all need LBs too and he may be out for the blowboys...

If hes healthy, why not??