• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephon Gilmore is about to be released by the Patriots!

jasonluckydog

2 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

I cannot remember the base defense of the Patriots, but isn’t he primarily a man and not zone corner?

I know Snow developed a reputation for running zone last season, but that was more out of necessity because of our personnel at the time.  Drafting Horn and Taylor, paired with Donte, plus looking st our scheme this year, we are actually running a ton more man.  I dont have any stats on it, but just from observing the games, I would venture to say we are primarily running man now, and if not, it's gotta be real close.  Gilmore would be an incredible get, but I have a feeling he's gonna end up in Tampa, too.  I really hope we try though.

• Pie 1

He's still one of the best CBs in the NFL (when healthy)

Is he healthy? Who knows. 

I can't see CAR being a legit contender unless we offer him a huge deal (which is risky and doesn't play into us trying to maintain cap flexibility) or he really wants to be back in the Carolinas. I can see us offering him a one year loaded deal. The problem is if he wants to do a one year deal why not sign with the Bucs (whose secondary is now complete trash) or the Chiefs and be on an instant contender?

I'd love to have Gilmore mentor Jaycee though.