• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Gilmore

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

anyone else expect this to fall flat on its face? Reminds me of the Eric Reid signing, which he never met expectations. Much like CJ getting torched on Sunday, just because it looks good on paper/Madden, doesn't mean it works out. We still can't protect our QB and we still got exposed against the run.

I never thought the Reid signing would be great. He wasn’t that great with 49ers.

Just now, Bartin said:

I think that means Belichick was asking for more then finally came back and "fine we'll take the 2023 6th"

That's kinda the point.

Belichick doesn't generally get talked into taking less. He doesn't like backing down from his asking price, and more often than not, people negotiating with him wind up getting the short end of the stick.

If Fitterer successfully outnegotiated Belichick, that's...something

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

You don't understand how football works. 

Apparently you don't. Free safety's backup into coverage. Strong safeties stay closer to the box. It's why Chinn is struggling right now at FS. Also you haven't noticed how Jackson's tackling ability has improved. Don't be an idiot.

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

anyone else expect this to fall flat on its face? Reminds me of the Eric Reid signing, which he never met expectations. Much like CJ getting torched on Sunday, just because it looks good on paper/Madden, doesn't mean it works out. We still can't protect our QB and we still got exposed against the run.

Go back to whichever Facebook page you crawled over from

14 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

What about Hartsfield, when is he coming back. Doesn’t he play safety too, be nice to get someone back there, Franklin yikes he looked terrible.

Hartsfield is on IR so he’ll miss 8 games minimum. Yes he can play that hybrid role. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Breer is saying that Fitterer talked down Belichick 😳

How often have the Patriots bamboozled other teams with trades? Wish we knew they originally wanted.

I'm on the fence with this trade. Not so much the cost but on whether this move will noticably improve us. Getting all the corners won't matter if teams are able to repeat what the Cowboys did to us. 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’ve never seen that before. Is that a new restriction?

4. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 3(b) above, no Club shall be entitled to a Compensatory Draft Selection before the end of the fifth round for any CFA (excluding quarterbacks) with ten or more Accrued Seasons at the time of signing with his new Club.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/appendix/V/

• Pie 1