• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is D Jack gone?

CarolinaXblue

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

The others are 6-10 years younger than Gilmore even if he's healthy I wouldn't be so quick to send anyone packing.

I don’t think Gilmore is putting him out personnel wise, but the 5.8 I think, million we’re paying him and D Jack is gonna want to get paid, rightfully so. I just don’t know if they’re going to spend it. And we don’t know if they’re done making trades for other players, adding to the cap budget. It’s tough.

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

I'm curious if they really feel like they are legit or if they are drinking their own koolaid.  Dallas certainly changed my perspective a bit, and I've put the kool-aid down for now.  I still think we can make a run at the playoffs, but I expect it to be a 1 and done deal.  Great feeling to get to the post season, but not actually make any noise.  Based on the Dallas game, we can't hang with the best if we can't play a complete game.

This overstocked DB room is capital for Fit when draft time comes around.

Regardless of how much money we have, we aren’t going to have Jackson, Gilmore, Horn, Henderson, and Bouye.

Remember we still have Thomas-Oliver, Taylor, and Pride on rookie contracts.

Plus there is this strange love for Melvin and Hartsfield that I don’t get.

59 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Regardless of how much money we have, we aren’t going to have Jackson, Gilmore, Horn, Henderson, and Bouye.

This is where I’m at. I don’t feel like they’re going to keep Jackson. I don’t see how they can.

7 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Hartsfield has played as our NB, but I bet he moves full time to S now.

I doubt Bouye is here next year (nor Melvin) - so the other three guys are fighting for two spots. 

Assuming we keep Gilmore of course.

You know I'm less concerned about Jackson and more questioning what does this move say about CJ?  He was a top 10 pick a year ago and should be a high end CB within a few weeks in our system, just like Horn.  I'm hoping this was just a good deal and not really reflective of anyone in particular on our roster.

6 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

You know I'm less concerned about Jackson and more questioning what does this move say about CJ?  He was a top 10 pick a year ago and should be a high end CB within a few weeks in our system, just like Horn.  I'm hoping this was just a good deal and not really reflective of anyone in particular on our roster.

There's no way these are connected.  The staff couldn't possibly evaluate Henderson so poorly in the one week that he's been in the building to have buyer's remorse yet.  This is about being in on every deal and pulling the trigger on a great (albeit older and currently injured) player when we learned he could be had for only a future 6th round pick.  There's very little downside here.  Either gilmore plays well and we consider paying him (would depend on his contract demands and how we feel about his age as well as the same for DJ Jackson, since we may not be able to retain both--although it'd be nice to do so) or he doesn't and we move on.  If it's the latter, then we still have Horn and Henderson on their rookie deals and hopefully a resigned DJ Jackson. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Gilmore is for the short term

Henderson is for the long term

I see them resigning DJax long term, no doubt. I can see Gillmore getting a nice 3 to 4 year deal (say 6-7 mil a year) or a nicer 1 to 2 year deal (8-10 mil a year). He's 31 and that's old in football years. They are not going to break the bank for him. And he wants to stay in NC as he lives here. This is perfect for his family and give the team 2 to 3 years to win a SB, he just might do favorable team deal to stay.