• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer has "called around" about offensive linemen

Zod

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

Unfortunately Erving probably not squirming too much…he still gets paid millions

The fact that Erving still finds employment, and deposits a fat check, only underlines the shortage of talented OLmen on the market -- or indeed, on current rosters.

They don't grow them big boys on trees, like they do WRs.

In Fitt we trust.  When the opportunity presents itself, he'll strike.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Sign Terron Armstead and draft Tyler Linderbaum 

I don't know about these exact two players but I think that's the right attitude.  A plan as simple as signing just one FA and one first round draft pick would go a long way to fixing our OL woes.  And that's a very doable strategy with the team's huge cap space next year. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I was wondering what had happened. Although you could argue Darnold injured his pride and his return was probable.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Was going to mention this in another thread but reputation is important, not just with other GM's around the league but agents and players as well. Carolina isn't mentioned often as a potential destination for higher level talent wanting to move on from their current team but it would be nice if it was.

I think this also highlights just how difficult it could be to rebuild the O-line. It's been brought up before but with the way football offenses are built at the college level, the pool of pro-ready Uglies isn't what it used to be. 

1 minute ago, outlaw4 said:

Was going to mention this in another thread but reputation is important, not just with other GM's around the league but agents and players as well. Carolina isn't mentioned often as a potential destination for higher level talent wanting to move on from their current team but it would be nice if it was.

I think this also highlights just how difficult it could be to rebuild the O-line. It's been brought up before but with the way football offenses are built at the college level, the pool of pro-ready Uglies isn't what it used to be. 

The Athletic had a discussion with a bunch of agents talking about who they could trust, who they could deal with, who does/doesn't lie to them, etc. Fitterer came off pretty good.

I've also read that he's very well networked around the league.