• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB / FS ?

Cam's New Arm

Until I picked their brains and watched them take reps at the position...I have no idea.  Everything about my "traits" screamed corner when I played...but my instincts and natural tendencies were pure safety.  But I love the concept.  Glover Quin was a heck of a safety in his time.  And he was a converted corner.  He had the right mindset.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We might do this.  Rhule made a comment...stopped mid sentence...sounded like Chinn is moving to LB, at least while Shaq is out.  Fitt made a comment about moving CBs around.  Basically get great players and figure out where to use them later.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I think you are worrying for nothing.  This defense is mostly positionless in the secondary.  That means the guys have to be able to play every positionl in the secondary.  Even the LB's need position flexibility. 

This.  Rhule alluded to it multiple times in the presser yesterday that they want to become more and more positionless.  Fitt did also say that this move was just about the opportunity to get a great player and person and they would figure out fit as they go...  he did name off all the corners and said they could play multiple positions and areas in the field and mentioned safety as well.

Interestingly enough, only 3 corners have won the DPOY in the NFL since 1990.  It was Rod Woodson, Deion, Charles Woodson, and Stephon Gilmore.  I found that list extremely intriguing because both Woodsons ended up playing a lot of safety by the end of their careers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think you are worrying for nothing.  This defense is mostly positionless in the secondary.  That means the guys have to be able to play every positionl in the secondary.  Even the LB's need position flexibility. 

Positions are for paper.....at least in this defense. On the field and in the mind of (Phil) Snow, it's VERY fluid. 

• Beer 1