• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else got a bad feeling about this Eagles game?

hepcat

53 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I am pretty at peace right now. 

I think he is talking about beating an actual playoff contender. 

Yes we beat the Saints but I don’t know if I’d call the Saints a playoff team. They are screaming 7-10. 

I think we will have our statement game soon. 

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. The Panthers beat two teams with a rookie QB and Jameis Winston who I wouldn’t consider a quality QB. The Cowboys beat the hell out of this defense with their run game, laying a blueprint for other teams. The only reason that Cowboys game didn’t appear to be a blowout is because Trevon Diggs left the game in the 4th quarter and Darnold threw the ball at whoever was covering guys in his spot, allowing the Panthers to claw back.

Bottom line is, this Panthers team is really banged up and not as good as the roster that hit the field Week 1. The Eagles are going to be a tough out for an undermanned Panthers team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It does have a trappy feel. They remind me of Houston as in thinking they will be a easy matchup, but they come to ready play/win. 

If Hurts gets hot....maybe a OT type of game. Plus panthers OL vs iggles DL, jesus halp.....

I still believe panthers should win, 9 points..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Trevon Diggs left the game in the 4th quarter and Darnold threw the ball at whoever was covering guys in his spot,

And Dallas did the same to us with Horn.  Melvin was totally outmatched in both the run and the pass.  Its hard to estimate what a difference Horn would have made in that game.  

Kamara played in the Saints game and we shut him down.  We could not shut down Elliot.  In the end, if they can run on us, its going to be a long day.

If the Dallas game is what we can expect out of our D going forward with the loss of Horn, we're in big trouble.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We're going to learn a lot about our team's depth this week. And our coaching.

Honestly, I can sympathize with the OP that this game can look pretty daunting from the outside. 

With last year's team, I'd say we were goners. This year, I think Darnold makes a difference. He's got that spark that makes winning possible, he doesn't give up. I like that. You can believe in someone who has that. 

So, I think we'll win this one, but it's going to be a gutty, tough win rather than the dominant wins we saw at the beginning of the season.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

If the Dallas game is what we can expect out of our D going forward with the loss of Horn, we're in big trouble.   

I think this says it best.  Who is our defense, last week's defense or the previous three?  I don't think we can win in a shoot out.  If we return to form this week, it will probably relieve a lot of worry.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think they will be able to run on us. 

and I have never forgotten Fletcher Cox almost single handedly beating us after being a last minute activation that was hurt all week. 

I think we win.  I don’t think we will feel great after it.  But that’s also just how football is. 

He destroyed Trai Turner

• Pie 1