• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikem Ekwonu, NC State

Martin

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

I also think jj won, but its a good watch.(if you dont mind some negative fluff)

Pretty much a stalemate.  I think JJ clearly got the best of Ickey twice.  However, two plays in an entire game versus a top edge rusher?  Not perfect obviously, but pretty damn solid.

19 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Pretty much a stalemate.  I think JJ clearly got the best of Ickey twice.  However, two plays in an entire game versus a top edge rusher?  Not perfect obviously, but pretty damn solid.

it was 12 plays(i think) where they 1 vs 1, still dont know what the role/job was for each play. I thought it was a clear win(overall) for jj. I thought it was the best film for Ickey, cause it wasnt the pancake highlight vs weaker/lighter teams/players. 

The thing i heard about Ickey is, he already knows what&how he struggled on. Coaches are not use to that behavior. Long run he may end up better than my guy Neal. I do think there will be some rough games early on and hope his health stays up, come year 2 he will be the best OLman on the roster. 

I just came up with this too- I think cobert needs to be the LG with Ickey as LT one day. Boz at C, __________/open RG, and Motown RT. I wanted to put Chirst at LG, but thats just too young of a Left side. If possible move the Vet Cobert to LG and he can hold his hand. Let Boz vs ELf for Center duties. RG is wide open, with my hope/dream that brown wins...

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 5:14 PM, Basbear said:

it was 12 plays(i think) where they 1 vs 1, still dont know what the role/job was for each play. I thought it was a clear win(overall) for jj. I thought it was the best film for Ickey, cause it wasnt the pancake highlight vs weaker/lighter teams/players. 

The thing i heard about Ickey is, he already knows what&how he struggled on. Coaches are not use to that behavior. Long run he may end up better than my guy Neal. I do think there will be some rough games early on and hope his health stays up, come year 2 he will be the best OLman on the roster. 

I just came up with this too- I think cobert needs to be the LG with Ickey as LT one day. Boz at C, __________/open RG, and Motown RT. I wanted to put Chirst at LG, but thats just too young of a Left side. If possible move the Vet Cobert to LG and he can hold his hand. Let Boz vs ELf for Center duties. RG is wide open, with my hope/dream that brown wins...

Hasn’t Corbet always played RG? I’m not sure he can switch that easily. I think Bozeman played some LG as well. Starting off could be Icky, Bozeman, Elf, Corbet, Moton and maybe slowly work a young guy at LG like Brown, Mays, or BC as the season progresses and Icky gets comfortable whilr sliding Bozeman back to C. 

13 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Hasn’t Corbet always played RG? I’m not sure he can switch that easily. I think Bozeman played some LG as well. Starting off could be Icky, Bozeman, Elf, Corbet, Moton and maybe slowly work a young guy at LG like Brown, Mays, or BC as the season progresses and Icky gets comfortable whilr sliding Bozeman back to C. 

I agree, Elf is a better center than guard.  I know we signed Bozeman to be a center, but you play people to  their strengths.  If that means sliding Bozeman to LG to start, or even play the entire season there, then so be it.  I'm not sure we want a rookie or second year player next to Ickey.  He needs a rock next to him until he gets his feet wet and not another dude that's still trying to figure out how to play in this League. 

• Pie 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, ForJimmy said:

I looked around some and found he did play some before moving and having success to RG. It was on the prorefence site, https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CorbAu00.htm

I just thought it would be better to have a vet next to him rather than Christ, plus next year it would be the same deal rather than if Bozeman was the LG and leftd via FA. 

Ickey-Corbert-Boze-???(darkhorse brown?)-Motown

Bench- Elf, Erv(Id trade him), Chirst, Mays, MJ, daley(eww).