• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikem Ekwonu, NC State

Martin

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Emezie has the receptions record at State. I think he’s probably more technical than Jacoby Myers and Myers has done pretty well with the Pats. 

Emezie cannot get an ounce of separation at the college level and he is not an elite route runner. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Having above average hands and looking like a football player isn't gonna get him far in the NFL.

Just because you produced in college doesn't make you an NFL player. This is the most common mistake that almost ALL college football fans make. That and having a little too much homer in them(ask @LinvilleGorge).

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Emezie cannot get an ounce of separation at the college level and he is not an elite route runner. Those guys are a dime a dozen. Having above average hands and looking like a football player isn't gonna get him far in the NFL.

Just because you produced in college doesn't make you an NFL player. This is the most common mistake that almost ALL college football fans make. That and having a little too much homer in them(ask @LinvilleGorge).

Hey, I've always been very fair in my assessments of UNC players. I'll say it when I think our guys are good college players who won't make the transition. Howell is just gonna be a stud, that's all.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hey, I've always been very fair in my assessments of UNC players. I'll say it when I think our guys are good college players who won't make the transition. Howell is just gonna be a stud, that's all.

I am gonna needle you about that until he proves me wrong. If so, feel free to give it back.

Still very down on this class.

Hopefully Cam is The Guy for next season and we can focus on that OL.

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am gonna needle you about that until he proves me wrong. If so, feel free to give it back.

If Cam holds up this would make sense. Then look for someone like KJ Jefferson out of Arkansas the following year (I’m getting an early draft crush on him).

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hey, I could be wrong. Every year there are teams that get it wrong on QBs in the draft. It's an inexact science at absolute very best.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well you whiffed on Herbert too. We may have to send you to the Matt Rhule Seminar for QB and OL Evaluation.

I whiffed on Herbert due to that bullshit Oregon system. I always said that if it's the system holding him back he has all the tools to be great, I just didn't want him because there was no way to project him to the NFL based on that bullshit one read passing system. My big whiff was Josh Allen. I didn't see any chance for him to be successful in the NFL. The strides he made as a lure passer from college are nearly unparalleled.

• Pie 1