• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikem Ekwonu, NC State

Martin

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I whiffed on Herbert due to that bullshit Oregon system. I always said that if it's the system holding him back he has all the tools to be great, I just didn't want him because there was no way to project him to the NFL based on that bullshit one read passing system. My big whiff was Josh Allen. I didn't see any chance for him to be successful in the NFL. The strides he made as a lure passer from college are nearly unparalleled.

I think most whiffed on Allen making that kind of a leap. He looked like a very poor man's early Cam but he really came into his own as a passer.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think most whiffed on Allen making that kind of a leap. He looked like a very poor man's early Cam but he really came into his own as a passer.

That's basically what I said about him coming out. He's Cam but significantly worse at passing and nowhere near the runner. Props to him and that staff. 

• Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that we were drafting around pick #7 and Ekwonu was still on the board rated as the top guy on the ESPNs big board at that point.  What do the Panthers do?  Well, apparently Tepper doesn't fire Rhule and they...wait for it...TRADE BACK!  How did the dream end?  I don't freaking know either because I woke up PISSED OFF!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

I actually taught him twice in high school. He's enormous, smart, and has a huge personality. He has an incredible influence on people around him, and he loves working with people to accomplish a goal. What does that matter in terms of professional football, you ask? I think it translates to a young man who is savvy, physical, and charismatic. His energy and work ethic are contagious, and I would love to see him in a Panthers uniform.

• Pie 7

On 12/20/2021 at 12:14 AM, mickeye76 said:

Ikem the dream.  Him Green, Linderbaum and Cross are the guys I wish we would draft.  

Throw Neal on that list, as well. 

The thing I like about Ekwonu the most is he plays with a level of nastiness that we have been missing for a while on the OL. He just goes out there with the intention to bully you all over the field. 

That is what you want in all your lineman, offensive or defensive. It's what we have lacked for a while.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:03 PM, Martin said:

Looking at guards and centers for the draft. One name that comes up a lot is Ikem. Any State fans with insights on him?

If we trade back or get him in the 2nd yes... unless it’s a home run best prospect we have seen at that position in years then yea take a inside olinemen but not top 5 top 8 

12 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

If we trade back or get him in the 2nd yes... unless it’s a home run best prospect we have seen at that position in years then yea take a inside olinemen but not top 5 top 8 

This is the mentality that has us with the current OL that we have. This is the Matt Rhule mentality.

• Pie 1