• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russel Wilson

RJK

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Let him. He's not invincible nor unbeatable.  He's not played this iteration of the Panthers before and will not be fast enough to run very far on this crew. I don't care how many lucky horseshoes he has up his ass.

Yea we're a lot faster and have some secondary...we made it to the Super Bowl with washed DEs and CBs picked up off the street.

28 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Dude had 40 tds 13 int and 4K+ pass passing yards last year. You guys are insane if you’d rather roll with Sam over him in this hypothetical

He will also cost 2-3 first round picks? IF he can be had for free sure but im not trading poo for him if Sam keeps his current level of play or gets better. 

He is also a giant douche bag, fug Wuss. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

He will also cost 2-3 first round picks? IF he can be had for free sure but im not trading poo for him if Sam keeps his current level of play or gets better. 

He is also a giant douche bag, fug Wuss. 

I wanna win super bowls. If we could keep this team together for the next 2 or 3 years id do it. With this defense our window is open before we gotta start paying 2nd contracts. 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I wanna win super bowls. If we could keep this team together for the next 2 or 3 years id do it. With this defense our window is open before we gotta start paying 2nd contracts. 

No way we give up 2-3 first rounders for Wuss unless Sam falls off a cliff. If Sam continues on his current trajectory he is getting extended. 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Dude had 40 tds 13 int and 4K+ pass passing yards last year. You guys are insane if you’d rather roll with Sam over him in this hypothetical

Depends on the potential cost. If said cost comes at the expense of us upgrading the oline via the draft would he even want to play here and how much better would we actually be? Next offseason will be wild I think. But if things don't play out the way we have expected we know Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer will pursue options. I would rather Sam take the next step given he will only he 25 next year but it's still very early.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

No way we give up 2-3 first rounders for Wuss unless Sam falls off a cliff. If Sam continues on his current trajectory he is getting extended. 

What trajectory is that? Sam has played solid. I don’t see his needle moving up yet. RW is an elite top 5 qb. We were willing to give a top ten pick for Matt Stafford. RW is on his level and possibly better depending on how you look at it. 

Just now, TheRumGone said:

What trajectory is that? Sam has played solid. I don’t see his needle moving up yet. RW is an elite top 5 qb. We were willing to give a top ten pick for Matt Stafford. RW is on his level and possibly better depending on how you look at it. 

An elite top 5 qb who has never gotten a single mvp vote? A guy who has only won anything of mention when he had an elite defense and running game and he barely had to do any heavy lifting?

No thanks, like I said if he is a FA and wants to come here sure, otherwise no. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I despise Wilson simply because he's been a thorn in my teams' ass for the majority of his post-HS career. But we have mutual friends and I've been assured that his seemingly over the top nice guy act is actually legit. He really is that dude.

This really comes down to Darnold's play. If he ends up being so-so, we should be in the mix if Wilson is available. If Darnold ends up being good, then it becomes a judgement call. What do we think his ceiling is? How long do we think Wilson has elite QB play left in the tank? Three years? Five years? Eight years? If we think Darnold's ceiling is just "good" and we think Wilson has 5+ years in the tank, then I think you have to be in the mix.

Ultimately, I hope Darnold continues to improve over the course of the season to the point that this ends up being a moot point. Second best scenario would be Darnold improves enough over the course of the season to net good trade value and we trade say three 1sts for Wilson and get a 1st and maybe a bit of icing on the cake back from someone else in exchange from Darnold. In either situation, the Darnold trade would have ultimately been a success for us.

We'll just have to see how it all pans out. We'd also have to convince Wilson of our plan at OL because I think a big part of him potentially forcing his way out of Seattle would be that he sick and tired of getting beat to hell behind Seattle's shoddy OL. I doubt he'd sign off on a trade to the Panthers if he wasn't convinced that wouldn't continue here.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Depends on the potential cost. If said cost comes at the expense of us upgrading the oline via the draft would he even want to play here and how much better would we actually be? Next offseason will be wild I think. But if things don't play out the way we have expected we know Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer will pursue options. I would rather Sam take the next step given he will only he 25 next year but it's still very early.

Definitely hope Sam takes the next step. He will be cheaper and less draft capital. A qb of RW caliber would turn this franchise into legitimate super bowl contenders instantly over the next couple of years. This is all hypothetical tho because I know he’s not coming here. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

An elite top 5 qb who has never gotten a single mvp vote? A guy who has only won anything of mention when he had an elite defense and running game and he barely had to do any heavy lifting?

No thanks, like I said if he is a FA and wants to come here sure, otherwise no. 

I’m just gonna assume y’all don’t watch other teams or players.

He was a young qb when legion of boom was there. A 3rd round pick. You look at what he’s become now. He’s a top 5 QB. This will be his first year without a winning record...

Look at his stats since then...watch his games and how he plays. This year alone through 3.5 games 10 tds 1 pick. 
This fanbase sucks.