• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson

Tr3ach

15 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

So what’s your assessment on Sam?

He played a pretty bad game.  He missed some throws.  The interior oline allowed pressure in his face almost instantly.   At one point Daley completely whiffed on his man from the guard position without there being a stunt on anything lol.  Darnold definitely needs to play better but its hard to grade him much more than incomplete with the current interior of our line.  On a positive note I would say Christensen looked at the worst serviceable and sometimes better than that for his first start.  So that's a positive.   The interior is our problem.  That's a QBs nightmare. 

Just now, Tr3ach said:

He played a pretty bad game.  He missed some throws.  The interior oline allowed pressure in his face almost instantly.   At one point Daley completely whiffed on his man from the guard position without there being a stunt on anything lol.  Darnold definitely needs to play better but its hard to grade him much more than incomplete with the current interior of our line.  On a positive note I would say Christensen looked at the worst serviceable and sometimes better than that for his first start.  So that's a positive.   The interior is our problem.  That's a QBs nightmare. 

I agree with you on Daley. I’m nowhere near a starting NfL player and I felt I could have slowed the lineman down somewhat (probably not) . He totally whiffed. My problem with Sam is when he has time, he misfires or doesn’t see the wide open man. Reminds me of David Carr

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Trade him or cut him and eat the dead cap. 

Yea that was after the awful route he ran and Darnold threw it to him before he made his "break" without realizing that apparently Anderson decided to not break at all but instead jog towards the sideline.   I have no idea how he threw a temper tantrum instantly after he totally hung qb out to dry after he forced the ball to him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I agree with you on Daley. I’m nowhere near a starting NfL player and I felt I could have slowed the lineman down somewhat (probably not) . He totally whiffed. My problem with Sam is when he has time, he misfires or doesn’t see the wide open man. Reminds me of David Carr

Darnold missed open receivers that if he made the throw would have won the game. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Yea that was after the awful route he ran and Darnold threw it to him before he made his "break" without realizing that apparently Anderson decided to not break at all but instead jog towards the sideline.   I have no idea how he threw a temper tantrum instantly after he totally hung qb out to dry after he forced the ball to him.

I have no idea why he was throwing a tantrum. He obviously wanted the ball. We threw to him 3 times in a row. He ran the wrong route, so maybe he blamed that on the WR’s coach, maybe he wanted to blame darnold. But that DB knew it was coming and jumped the route perfectly. So it’s not a QB issue. Maybe he was just venting but it sure didn’t look like it. 

It's not Robby.  It's time to look at Sam.  It's low hanging fruit to go after Robby because of the whole "just got paid" trope, but the ball distribution from Sam has been a major issue all season, it just didn't matter until we started losing.  He can't find or just doesn't trust throwing to Robby unless he beats his defender on a streak, and then he usually overthrows him.  It's the same way he used him in NY, which is why Robby is frustrated.  Also, go back and look, especially over the last two weeks how many times Robby was open and Sam missed him.  Both Sam and Rhule just said in the presser that the last throw on 3rd down before the blocked punt was completely on Sam.  Robby beat his man and Sam missed the throw.  Then he throws a pick on that comeback route on the sideline to Robby, when in all honesty, it was late and should have never been thrown. 

I'd be pissed too...  I just re-signed with a team and am being used as a decoy 90% of the game, and when I do get looks, most of the throws are absolutely horrible.  And it's not just Robby...  remember how incredible TMJ looked in camp and preseason?  Now he can't be found.  

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1