• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do we need to do to get back on track?

BlackPanther21_

First of all, yes, today was horrible. Just an awful performance all around, especially on offense, and a lot of that falls on coaching. I have always been pessimistic of Brady, I think it's pretty clear he is not the guy for us moving forward. Rhule has got to be better as well, that's the 2nd straight week we have been completely outclassed in the 2nd half. We have lost the adjustment game 2 straight weeks in 2 straight losses. The 3rd quarter trends are very concerning. One thing we can all agree on is that this O-line is getting us nowhere, no matter how good Darnold or the Defense plays.

However all of you people who are saying "Darnold sucks, cut him", "Fold and pack it up, season's over" "3-14 incoming" can gtfo. Fug that. Yes, today was an embarrassing performance, but it's very premature and absurd to say things like that in week 5. If you don't want to continue to support the team through the highs AND lows than you can go find another team to root for. 

1. We need CMC back, he is the heart and soul of this offense, everything we do there runs through him, without him Sam is visibly less confident and doesn't have is security blanket when all else fails. He is not only our best runner but pass catcher as well. It's very clear what we can do on offense is limited when McCaffrey is on the sideline. Although I will add Chuba Hubbard played very well today and looks like a legit #2 RB.

2. We need Shaq Thompson back. Those plays in the 4th quarter where Hurts and Gainwell broke off big runs are where we really miss Shaq. Thought Carter played well today but Shaq is one of the few "leaders" on our D and everyone around him seems to play better when he is out there.

3. We need to finally solve the 3rd quarter saga. You cannot possibly expect to win football games constantly coming out flat to start the 2nd half. Like seriously, what are we doing in that locker room? Rhule, Brady and company completely out-coached and out-adjusted again today like last week. It's concerning. Something has got to give. Having CMC back would obviously help, but more is needed.

4. We need to just be more creative on Offense. Everybody knows what we are going to do in these 3rd and short, 4th and short situations. Brady is constantly hyped up as this creative genius, I don't see it. Knows damn well our line cannot run-block to save their lives, and Philly's interior D-line is stout, yet we continue to run up the middle. Again, give credit to Hubbard today but he (and CMC) can only do so much behind this line, Joe needs to realize this. We gave Robby Anderson a big contract for a reason. To be our field-stretcher and big-play target for Darnold who he is familiar with. But he once again was barley involved. What's going on with that? Hopefully he and Sam find it soon, because it's frustrating having all these weapons on offense but only using a couple of them, I'd like to see why we drafted Marshall, as well. Cannot continue to be the CMC and DJ show every week. Don't get me wrong, there is very much some fault in Darnold today, all 3 picks were ugly, and he needs to get those out of his game, but I have faith he can do just that. 

5. Just keep throwing poo at the wall to see what sticks with this O-line. There is no sugarcoating it. This O-line is downright horrific, might be the worst yet since 2011, no joke. I am really getting sick and tired of talking about the same old, same old crap every week, yet here we are again. We can only go so far with this unit, Sam cannot unlock his full potential with this unit, and we need to do everything in our power to drastically improve it this offseason. I'm talking Chiefs style, use every single pick in the draft on lineman if need be. At least we passed up Trey Smith for a injured backup long snapper! I don't know how we didn't see this coming. Everyone with a brain and eyes knew this was going to be our achillies heel this season.  Unfortunately, there is not much else we can do right now though. Just keep trying different looks until we find something that can at least not get Darnold's or CMC's head cut off. I like the tackles the way they are, although it's clear Moton is more comfortable on the right side. As for the interior, bench Miller, give Deonte Brown a shot, and fire Paradis into the sun. 

Today showed we are still a young team with a young coaching staff, that will experience growing pains. There is no shame in that, but we still have to be better than we were today, that was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen in a while. I think this team will be fine. Keep Pounding.

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Pie 1

I agree we need CMC back first because even thought Hubbard had a ok game today , he doesn’t bring all the defense attention to him which helps DJ and Robbie get open and gives Darnold the safety blanket that he needs for him to be effective .Maybe take a look at David Castro or any trade for ol that we can get.