• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Very Discouraged By Rhule and His Comments After the Game

Proudiddy

I saw 2 Robby drops on critical plays that would have won us this game with our best player, LT, MLB, and best CB injured. These overreactions are getting insane. The 2 things that discouraged me this game were

1. Sam going back to bad habits (I’m sure his protection has some to do with it. 
2. Our interior line being nearly unwatchable.
Sign a FA to send a message (doesn’t matter who) and let Brown take reps away from Daley in practice. BC and Moton (obviously) should be locks to start. I don’t care if we put Moton back to RT and let BC play guard. Honestly Erving LT, BC LG, Moton at RT might be our best option with Brown giving RG a shot. 
We should have won this game, but we didn’t. How we respond is going to dictate our season. Rhule and Brady better be in the film room all week and make some OL changes soon. I’m not really concerned about the playoffs as much as us improving from last year. 8-9 or 9-8 would be good providing we show improvement and development of our young team. Year 3 is usually Rhule’s year judging by his history. 

• Beer 4

Rhule isn't done by any means but man when you are at home you cannot tuck tail like that in your house. You either get the fourth down conversion or you don't but you definitely don't revert to the a punt isn't a bad play john fox mentality. That's the stuff of nightmares for Panthers fans right there. Where the team goes from here will tell us everything we need to know about the Rhule and Fitterer era.

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I saw 2 Robby drops on critical plays that would have won us this game with our best player, LT, MLB, and best CB injured. These overreactions are getting insane. The 2 things that discouraged me this game were

1. Sam going back to bad habits (I’m sure his protection has some to do with it. 
2. Our interior line being nearly unwatchable.
Sign a FA to send a message (doesn’t matter who) and let Brown take reps away from Daley in practice. BC and Moton (obviously) should be locks to start. I don’t care if we put Moton back to RT and let BC play guard. Honestly Erving LT, BC LG, Moton at RT might be our best option with Brown giving RG a shot. 
We should have won this game, but we didn’t. How we respond is going to dictate our season. Rhule and Brady better be in the film room all week and make some OL changes soon. I’m not really concerned about the playoffs as much as us improving from last year. 8-9 or 9-8 would be good providing we show improvement and development of our young team. Year 3 is usually Rhule’s year judging by his history. 

This overly optimistic, "there's always next year" approach from a large portion of our fanbase is what has us hovering around .500 as a franchise after 25+ years of existence.

I understand growing pains and such, but Rhule decided to stamp his brand on this franchise, and whiffed on one QB and is now not looking too hot on the other.  He (and Fitterer as well) also largely neglected the OL in the offseason despite the obvious need.  This defense is good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs if it had any inkling of complementary football from its offense and special teams units.  Yes, building a winning franchise takes time, but it doesn't have to take three years.  Sometimes it can take as little as one...  but our fanbase is so used to accepting mediocrity we make excuses for it.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

You can blame coaching but reality is we had no business losing that game unless we shot ourselves in the foot and he coached under that assumption

Rhule didnt throw 3 unforgivable interceptions and didnt let a punt get blocked in our own territory up 5 late in the 4th

But his coaching and staff led to all of those things happening.  If you play scared, it's going to come back to bite you, and it has for us, two weeks in a row.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Rhule isn't done by any means but man when you are at home you cannot tuck tail like that in your house. You either get the fourth down conversion or you don't but you definitely don't revert to the a punt isn't a bad play john fox mentality. That's the stuff of nightmares for Panthers fans right there. Where the team goes from here will tell us everything we need to know about the Rhule and Fitterer era.

I agree.  I'm not saying he is a finished product as a coach, but this is where we're at right now.

• Pie 1

I completely agree with the OP.

And a simple rhetorical question for the head coach:

How do you rationalize your belief that controlling the line of scrimmage an establishing a running game are paramount to success, yet the team has done nothing over the past 2 off seasons to build an OL?

You have an all-world running back behind a garbage O-line. You traded for an upgrade at the QB position and put him behind a garbage O-line. 

Care to explain how this team will maybe someday try controlling the LOS?

Sorry, this team is Rivera/Shula 2.0.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

You people are so fragile. It's pathetic. Were you born without balls or do you just identify as balls deficient? 

We lost to a 1 win team at home. Welcome to what a terrible loss looks like this isn't an echo chamber where we all just sit around singing kumbaya and happy we have an nfl franchise. People are tired of the team being a joke especially in our house.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

You people are so fragile. It's pathetic. Were you born without balls or do you just identify as balls deficient? 

I love seeing you get huffy puffy in so many threads.  Such a big tough guy "Me get angry when people don't feel exactly as I say they should" as you puff you big chest out.  Give it a rest boomer, no one cares who you think have balls or don't have balls.  

• The D 1

Just now, mc52beast said:

Hearing him say “we’re going to push games into the 4th quarter and make one more play” really freaking bothers me. 

Wake me up when we get the "we're trying to dog them out in the first half and put the backups in in the 4th" coach.

• Pie 2