• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So many overreactions

CanePantherHornet

Yes, the team played horribly today. Offense was a disaster on every level. Special teams was atrocious. Defense was on the field so long they got gassed, etc.

But despite all of this we were a blocked punt away from winning. 

The team being awful and still almost winning is a silver lining to me.

Edited by CanePantherHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 6
  • Poo 6

Just now, CanePantherHornet said:

Yes, the team played horribly today. Offense was a disaster on every level. Special teams was atrocious. Defense was on the field so long they got gassed, etc.

I’ve calmed down a bit since earlier but no. I don’t think we win without the blocked punt either. 

After halftime we came out destined to lose. Idk if there’s no leadership from the guys on the team or if it’s coaches but our faults go beyond players. It’s deeply rooted into decision making and game planning. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

This game was a reminder that we are still only in year two of the rebuild. Sam is still becoming accustomed to the offense, and he's under a lot of pressure from poor o-line play.

The team overall is very young, so this isn't by any means the finished product, not to mention CMC and Horn being out. Add CMC, Horn, and a lot of maturing and you have a much better team.

That's me being positive.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

No overreactions here. The offensive line is terrible and Sam makes very poor decisions. The dude has no vision. He has been throwing into coverage all year but the difference is we are now playing teams whose secondary's will punish those forced throws. 

We went all in on the defense this year in win now mode but the problem is our offense isn't there. Robby is MIA most of the time and Sam makes terrible, terrible decisions. The offensive line is non-existent. The defense gets gassed from repeatedly stopping the opposing offense. 

No overreactions. It is what it is. We aren't ready this year. Once we invest in an actual QB and an Offensive line, we'll be playoff ready. 

• Poo 2

12 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

The team being awful and still almost winning is a silver lining to me.

I have noticed a lot of those of us calm over this are canes fans and idk if its the years of us not being good that made us patient or the fact that our patience in fact paid off with the canes, but we're zen right now.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Defense wasn't gassed. You fools do understand google exists right. Or how about watch the damn game. We had +11 minute TOP and had a 7+minute drive in the 4th. Stop being inept on basic poo

No but expecting your defense to keep up that level of dominance and putting them in short field situations does deflate a defense. Not everything has a metric