• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold might be the next one out the door

Matthias

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

This team extended Darnold and Anderson prior to the season too.

Darnold is an $18M dead-money hit as a post-June 1 cut in 2022.

Anderson is an $11M dead money hit, post-June 1 in 2022.

I though Hurn-Dawg had left the Panthers organization?

I think the Anderson extension is more egregious than Sam's but that's just me.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

I think the Anderson extension is more egregious than Sam's but that's just me.

Arguable... can't say your wrong.

But extending Darnold?  Did they actually think he'd perform so well this year under their brilliant leadership that extending him for $18+M was a better bet?  Because, if they did, I question their judgement.

The SAFER bet would have been not to extend him and if, yet again in 2021 he was again Sam Darnold, if they *wanted* to keep him they could keep him at a lesser cost and, if the fool chose to leave anyway, have no impact on the salary cap.

But, like I said, its as if Hurn-Dawg's ghost continues to haunt the GM offices.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

after the season, maybe

right now? absolutely not

and not watson. the panthers could have made that move already and chose not to

I don't think Watson would've been allowed to play this season, though, as the NFL would've stepped in.

3 minutes ago, mwright350 said:

There's just a less than zero chance they are moving him in the middle of the season.  Sure at the end of the season if this game is the rule rather than the exception.  But anyone claiming to know that outcome yet has spent a little too much time with the mushrooms I think.

Well if we look at it from a cold, analytical standpoint,  he had 4 games (3 of them wins where he threw close to or over 300 yards) where he looked promising.

Then he laid a giant TURD in a punch-bowl today. 

4 solid games to 1 sh-tshow shouldn't be the cause of wanting him to be shipped out of town but the problem is that it showed that with CMC, Sam Darnold doesn't seem to be able to raise his game to the next level.    Granted, it's still early but this recent start illustrates that scenario. 

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I don't think Watson would've been allowed to play this season, though, as the NFL would've stepped in.

Yep. Honestly the moment a team planned to suit Watson up, he'd end up on the commissioner's exempt list immediately. The only reason he hasn't yet is simply because it hasn't been necessary.

4 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

I hope our owner is pissed at what he saw today

Oh you better believe it.

Tepper does not suffer fools gladly.

I bet he's keeping a close eye now on Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson, or any other Vet QB out there....

Edited by glenwo2