• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold might be the next one out the door

Matthias

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-sam-darnolds-struggles-may-have-panthers-mulling-move-for-deshaun-watson-more-from-week-5/

And for all of the hype about Darnold at the very start of the season, as the Panthers rolled to a 3-0 start, the reality is that the former first-round pick has limitations, he quickly became – at least to some degree – damaged good by how the Jets mismanaged him, and expecting him to emerge as a true franchise quarterback seemed like a stretch. And on Sunday, as Darnold threw three interceptions, including one final pick late in the game to clinch a troubling loss to the Eagles, some who know the billionaire Tepper well could just see him fuming in his suite and mulling throwing a cadre of draft picks at the Texans to take Deshaun Watson off their hands.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 24

Just now, Matthias said:

Normally I would ignore something like this, but with the trades we've been making as of late, I wouldn't put it past us if management felt the deal was right.

Jeff Howe (who is an infinitely better and more reliable source than Jason LaCanfora) reported that we talked to Houston in the offseason and their price was too high.

LaCanfora is basing this speculation on the same dumbass speculation he's been posting about David Tepper through the offseason, ignoring that Tepper doesn't involve himself in personnel decisions.

So yeah, it's bullsh-t.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Matthias said:

This team extended Darnold and Anderson prior to the season too.

Darnold is an $18M dead-money hit as a post-June 1 cut in 2022.

Anderson is an $11M dead money hit, post-June 1 in 2022.

I thought Hurn-Dawg had left the Panthers organization?

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

This team extended Darnold and Anderson prior to the season too.

Darnold is an $18M dead-money hit as a post-June 1 cut in 2022.

Anderson is an $11M dead money hit, post-June 1 in 2022.

I though Hurn-Dawg had left the Panthers organization?

Hard not to think rhule has an affinity for Anderson and was the culprit behind that stupid move

• Pie 2