• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking from Sheena Quick: We passed on Justin Fields and began the trade for Darnold post Ohio St pro day

Verge

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Wilson wants input on the draft.

There is no way in hell I'd give any quarterback that kind of influence.

Yeah, reading the Seattle Times articles this off season about Wilson's displeasure with the Seahawks gave me the impression that he is more than just a little full of himself. 

Yes, Russell is one of the best at what he does, but now he wants to do the Coach's and Gm's jobs as well. 

If I had to guess, the Seahawks will be looking to trade Russell this off season if they can find a team desperate enough to give them several high draft picks or promising players in return.     

15 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, reading the Seattle Times articles this off season about Wilson's displeasure with the Seahawks gave me the impression that he is more than just a little full of himself. 

Yes, Russell is one of the best at what he does, but now he wants to do the Coach's and Gm's jobs as well. 

If I had to guess, the Seahawks will be looking to trade Russell this off season if they can find a team desperate enough to give them several high draft picks or promising players in return.     

I don't want the NFL to come anywhere near to what the NBA has done. Packers didn't listen to Rodgers, Seahawks not Wilson, others- as it should be. fugin people who do nothing but look for players full time have a hard enough deal picking players and you gonna damn consult a player who needs to be worried about doing his job. Na fug that.

Who is getting fired if the player consults on some bullshit, not something I'd even remotely entertain if I was in the same situation. No one is going to be like "well the QB picked em" they gonna be like you get final pick so you have to deal with the end results. Piss on that.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I don't want the NFL to come anywhere near to what the NBA has done. Packers didn't listen to Rodgers, Seahawks not Wilson, others- as it should be. fugin people wo do nothing but look for players full time have a hard enough deal picking players and you gonna damn consult a player who needs to be worried about doing his job. Na fug that.

Who is getting fired if he player consults on some bullshit, not something I'd even remotely entertain if I was in the same situation. No one is going to be like "well the QB picked em" they gonna be like you get final pick so you have to deal with the end results. Piss on that.

Yeah, where does the buck stop when your franchise QB screws up the draft or forces changes in the coaching staff that don't work out?  It is a recipe for chaos.

• Pie 1

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, where does the buck stop when your franchise QB screws up the draft or forces changes in the coaching staff that don't work out?  It is a recipe for chaos.

Wish I could find the tweet, but I remember somebody posting how Tom Brady won the Super Bowl and took a pay cut while Russell Wilson hasn't won a playoff game in years and wants to run the team's draft.

It was pretty funny 😀

6 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Not really moved by it, as we got a future lockdown corner and the cheapest option at an improvement at the position at the time for what was available to us.  And as a guy that had Horn and Fields on my personal board during the draft, having watched Fields so far, I don't think we missed out in a franchise QB now.  He looks very iffy.

I'll regret not taking Justin Fields when and if he ever wins a Super Bowl in Chicago while on his rookie contract.

I think we all know how likely that is to happen. 🤣🤣🤣

• Beer 2

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Passing on Fields due to our evaluation of him? Okay. Fine.

I'd just like to have been a fly on the wall watching us evaluate all the film of Sam Darnold hitting defenders between the numbers in NY. Because the last two weeks we've seen that Sam Darnold suiting up for the Panthers.

I'm fine with passing on Fields but its Slater and Trey Smith i'm pissed we passed on.

Can you imagine our line with those lined up on the left side?

1 minute ago, Panthers12211981 said:

I'm fine with passing on Fields but its Slater and Trey Smith i'm pissed we passed on.

Can you imagine our line with those lined up on the left side?

I think we're a little too obsessed with "traits" and "metrics" right now. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if we knocked Slater and had him evaluated as a guard due to his height and arm length. Give me elite feet over Go Go Gadget arm length all day everyday.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think we're a little too obsessed with "traits" and "metrics" right now. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if we knocked Slater and had him evaluated as a guard due to his height and arm length. Give me elite feet over Go Go Gadget arm length all day everyday.

Well yea and talent/skill....I mean how the fug is talent being overrated when it seems like it actually is in some cases.

fug those measurables man get players that can play first and foremost.