• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking from Sheena Quick: We passed on Justin Fields and began the trade for Darnold post Ohio St pro day

Verge

I mean, I don't know if any of these rooks are shaping out well (even being on bad teams).  And really, we just gave up a 2nd for Sam (the rest of the picks are all fluid post-R3)

Picked up an option but it shouldn't be lost that we don't have Sam locked up.  They get 1 more shot at QB if Sam doesn't work out.  And it cannot be a reclamation project.  Either a vet (Rogers, Cousins, Wilson) or draft (Carson Strong, Malik Willis)

3 minutes ago, davos said:

I mean, I don't know if any of these rooks are shaping out well (even being on bad teams).  And really, we just gave up a 2nd for Sam (the rest of the picks are all fluid post-R3)

Picked up an option but it shouldn't be lost that we don't have Sam locked up.  They get 1 more shot at QB if Sam doesn't work out.  And it cannot be a reclamation project.  Either a vet (Rogers, Cousins, Wilson) or draft (Carson Strong, Malik Willis)

I don't see any of the vets (other than maybe Cousins) coming here without a new and vastly improved O line to protect them.

I think what needs to happen is 2022 fix the oline with the draft and FA.  2023 go all in on a QB.  Defense needs some depth, I'm not going to say it's set, but it's certainly damn good enough if the offense is working.  With a better offense, we could have won last week and this week.  The defense has been very good to great in 3 of 4 games this year.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Passing on Fields due to our evaluation of him? Okay. Fine.

I'd just like to have been a fly on the wall watching us evaluate all the film of Sam Darnold hitting defenders between the numbers in NY. Because the last two weeks we've seen that Sam Darnold suiting up for the Panthers.

No you didn't see that  for the Cowboys game. Yeah 2 Ints but also 4 TDs. Don't post biased stats. Today was his first bad game out of 5. 

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 5
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I don't see any of the vets (other than maybe Cousins) coming here without a new and vastly improved O line to protect them.

True, but if we make a push for a new center and either LG or LT, this team is primed for a vet QB the way the Rams were IMO.  I would hope to think a vet QB could help Joe Brady.  Brady's inexperience is also why I feel we've avoided rookie QBs with Rhule.  

4 minutes ago, davos said:

True, but if we make a push for a new center and either LG or LT, this team is primed for a vet QB the way the Rams were IMO.  I would hope to think a vet QB could help Joe Brady.  Brady's inexperience is also why I feel we've avoided rookie QBs with Rhule.  

I still do not want to give up two firsts for a 30 something year old QB. Would rather draft a QB on a rookie deal if we move on from Darnold after the season. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

No you didn't see that  for the Cowboys game. Yeah 2 Ints but also 4 TDs. Don't post biased stats. Today was his first bad game out of 5. 

Sam did that in NY too.  He wasn’t bad every week.   He had good stretches there too.  

5 games in….6  passing TDs, 6 INTs and put the ball on the ground 4 times.  That’s Sam.  Sam is going to be Sam.   Just like Teddy is going to be Teddy.  Sam isn’t a rookie.  Sam’s issues existed at USC…they showed in NY and they have shown themselves here. He is a talented athlete that isn’t a great QB.  

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, HotelSoapy! said:

I still do not want to give up two firsts for a 30 something year old QB. Would rather draft a QB on a rookie deal if we move on from Darnold after the season. 

Yeah it's gonna be one or the other.  No way in hell they try another reclamation project if Darnold washes out.  

45 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I mean clearly they moved off Fields at some point.

I mean, Sam Darnold OBVIOUSLY impressed them sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more at a much more expensive price than a drafted rookie, right?

Is Darnold going to out-perform a Justin Fields at his near $5M salary this year?  Compared to Field salary?

Or would it have been better to go with (and draft) the rook?

• Poo 1