• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The good things

Verge

We just need a healthy CMC and a convincing win against the Vikings and all this doom and gloom will be on the back burner. Until then, we're sitting on a 2 game losing streak after a completely uninspired game against middling competition. I'm choosing to keep my head up but we need to get back on track fast because even my positivity has its limits. 

• Beer 1

I like the energy of the defense. They definitely play with an edge that I wish the offense would play with. Then again, whoever's trotting out there on offense probably knows that their efforts will be futile with our o-line situation. At least, it looks like Moton and Christensen can stay where they are. Everything else in between needs extreme work. Who is this Deonte Brown that everyone keeps speaking of? 

@VergeI appreciate the glass half full attempt.  You talked me back from the ledge.

Sure, there were some good things to fall back on, among which was the success of our new FG kicker.  But our coaches have GOT to find a way to motivate some results in our 3Q play.  It's atrocious to go into halftime ahead, and then slowly piss it away, again.

I've been a big Darnold supporter (here's looking at you @LinvilleGorge; you had him figured better than I, I admit) but he was abysmal today.  Maybe it was an aberration, maybe not.  But I see that his record lifetime is 0-12 when he throws 2+ INTs.

I'm very critical of the play-calling on Offense.  I'm sick of sending our RB into the middle of the line that can't block, on 1st downs  -- I'm sure it's not, but it seems like every series, just like we did with CMC.  If Sam would mix those up with play-action, maybe, just maybe, our WRs might be able to gain some separation, and break a long one.  Robbie Anderson plays like a zombie (though a rich one.)  But get some creativity into the play selection.  Predictability is easy to defend.

It'll take a few wins to restore my lost confidence.  This is a Win we threw away, and they don't come easy.

We are ahead of schedule, but still have pieces to pick up. We are starting to get some depth, like Hubbard, and getting CMac back next week will pay huge dividends. Its always the QBs fault when you lose a game, at least that is what I read here, but our C and Gs are frankly the worst in the league. I thought we would compete next year, but this year is still possible. Draft a C in the 1st round next year, there are 2 good ones available and use the cap room to go after two G. Resign Reddick and Gilmore if possible but don't overpay. Games like this suck, but Mahomes is the best QB in football and is about to be 2-3. He lost the SB last year because of his OL. In 2015, Newton lost the SB due to a terrible Oline. It won't be this year, but Fitterer will fix the OL. Quit overreacting. And I disagree with most here who bitch about every QB we ever had. Darnold will be more than fine, he will bring us our 1st SB. 

Edited by bobcat91
  • Pie 1

The offense has to put points on the board when we get turnovers at midfield and on their side of the field....we put up 3. 

Also, the defense needs to decide not to fight for the ball to score a TD.....that damn debacle in the end zone cost us 5 points because we couldn't just let one of our guys grab the ball....fighting like they were getting the last Christmas present under the tree.

DAMN!

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Without improvement to Miller, Paradis and Daley all those positives just aren't going to mean much unfortunately 

Who do we have as backup for Paradis anyhow?

Sam Tecklenburg is the answer to my question. I don't remember much about him. Anybody know anything about him from preseason games?

Edited by ichigo1057
Answered my own question.

I mostly agree with you, but I think that our D# still has to face a team that really expose it, more than Dallas did.
Our DBs are good, but our defensive philosophy is a gimmick. The stand up tilted rushers, are our weakness. I can't really count how many times Reddick is getting manhandled or kept out of the play by his man, and a bunch of time it was a JAG TE. Without proper play and alignment from the D-Line, our LBers can't do much.

And this has nothing to do with having positionless players (because saying "player who can play a bunch of different positions" is just too long). It's more about football's ABC and geometries.

7 hours ago, Verge said:

Forum is too depressing right now, had to do something. 

Talk about the forum being depressing,  nothing was more depressing than either the stadium in 4Q or the hotel I stay at after the game.  

some teams the panthers can lose to and some  they can’t as it is misery 

eagles fans fall in the latter category.  It was a miserable experience 

they need to learn to not lose at home 

they also need to learn to not depend on one player offensively and its pretty damned clear they do 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1