• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba first 100 yard rookie rusher since Jonathan Stewart

Zod

Chuba did really well, and the run blocking wasn't very good. He was a wise pick-up for the team.

Still, I'm hoping he'll be RB2 next week. Even with a really good RB, I don't like our chances, we've got to have CMC for this offense to move.

Crazy to think it, but CMC alone will help the O-line in their work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I thought he did fine catching the ball, I didn't see the entire game though. But there is obviously a different dynamic when CMC is in there. 

Then watch the entire game....can't say he did well catching the ball when he had those drops which led to the 3rd and longs which....

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

But Chubba is a no John Stewart...........he's a Deanglo Williams.......fast when he gets holes but goes done the first time someone coughs on him.

Backs like that are only as good as their O line.............and well I don't want to start down that rabbit hole. 

I did notice that as much as there are things to like about Hubbard's performance, he dropped more than one pass and he goes down easily when tackled. I think superior speed and athleticism kept him on his feet a lot more in college, but even with those flaws he seems more than good enough to be a RB2.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mbarbour21 said:

Yep, didn’t see those.

I mean he did seem to shore it up though. Hopefully it just stays on the positive side and he keeps getting better at that. Just we had many drops yesterday to go with the OL and Darnolds day. Tremble, Hubbard, Anderson all at least had one drop and those were crucial drops too not talking about the contested tough drops just wide open drops.

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I did notice that as much as there are things to like about Hubbard's performance, he dropped more than one pass and he goes down easily when tackled. I think superior speed and athleticism kept him on his feet a lot more in college, but even with those flaws he seems more than good enough to be a RB2.

I only got to see part of the game, but according to the stats/box score, he was targeted six times and caught five.  So assuming the box score is correct there could only be one drop.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I only got to see part of the game, but according to the stats/box score, he was targeted six times and caught five.  So assuming the box score is correct there could only be one drop.  

I think too his drops in the other game could be bleeding over into memory. He had a drop against Dallas too for example and these are just wide open passes in the flat so they stick out

• Pie 2