• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 Offensive line review: Miller's new nickname is Sieve Smith

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If the choice is between...

Moton - Erving - Paradis - Brown - Christensen

or

Moton - Christensen - Paradis - Brown - Erving

...which are you taking?

So you think Brown is a great guy we are just holding out ......because?

"4:55 - 3rd and 4 - Daley absolute whiff on his assignment, Free rusher into Sam, Sack. Worst play of the Line so far. "

His sack was the worst whiff of the game where a free rusher gets to hit Sam full speed in a 1 second.   Daley might have well been on the sideline eating a sandwich that play, that's how much he slowed him down.    No stunt, just ass play.

Daley looked bad throughout the game, not just on the highlights.  The worst whiff and level our QB in a second deserves worse than a C+.

But hey, no Elflein right?  Who btw hadn't given up a single sack this year.

Edited by SBBlue

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

"4:55 - 3rd and 4 - Daley absolute whiff on his assignment, Free rusher into Sam, Sack. Worst play of the Line so far. "

His sack was the worst whiff of the game where a free rusher gets to hit Sam full speed in a 1 second.   Daley might have well been on the sideline eating a sandwich that play, that's how much he slowed him down.    No stunt, just ass play.

Daley looked bad throughout the game, not just on the highlights.  The worst whiff and level our QB in a second deserves worse than a C+.

But hey, no Elflein right?  Who btw hadn't given up a single sack this year.

I have used the qualifier "Based on the highlights from this video alone, not the entire game becuase I don't have it", so yeah, on this small sample size of plays, Daley looked fine aside from one blatant crap the bed moment. 

No idea what he did the rest of the day though. 

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have used the qualifier "Based on the highlights from this video alone, not the entire game becuase I don't have it", so yeah, on this small sample size of plays, Daley looked fine aside from one blatant crap the bed moment. 

No idea what he did the rest of the day though. 

Not all sacks are equal.  That was the type of sack you lose your QB.  It was immediate and violent.  Daley is on pace for a lot of sacks.

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I

Lineman grades based on the highlights:

Paradis: B

Moton: B-

Daley: C+

Christensen: C-/D+

Miller: F

Again, these are just the highlights and I don't have all-22 so I can't deep five each play, but that's how things looked to me. 

Conclusion: 

Remove Miller and the line instantly gets better. He is a sieve. 

OP,  posts like these make you the poster of the year.  You've got my vote at the end of the year awards show in New York.  Thank you so much for the work and analysis.  Other boards would be lucky to have someone like you.

Really appreciate the grades you give.

I think when Erving gets back they'll put him right back in at LT when I'd rather see him and guard and Taylor and Brady just getting reps as the tackles so after this season and a full off season working in their new positions (and Brady in our strength program) we'll be set at tackles.  Amazing to say that.  

1 minute ago, Captain Morgan said:

OP,  posts like these make you the poster of the year.  You've got my vote at the end of the year awards show in New York.  Thank you so much for the work and analysis.  Other boards would be lucky to have someone like you.

Really appreciate the grades you give.

I think when Erving gets back they'll put him right back in at LT when I'd rather see him and guard and Taylor and Brady just getting reps as the tackles so after this season and a full off season working in their new positions (and Brady in our strength program) we'll be set at tackles.  Amazing to say that.  

I've debated with Spanish where I disagree with him, but he deserves loads of credit for his posts on this

• Pie 1