• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

"We couldn't control the line of scrimmage....couldn't protect the football...quarterback was under duress, couldn't make plays that we needed down in the red zone and all those areas to make touchdowns instead of field goals..."

That's just from his opening statement.  I watched his press conference yesterday.  He listed a litany of problems with the O thorough out the presser.

And yes, its still a team loss.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Hes not blaming the D, he's blaming the team as a whole.  it was a team loss... dont single any unit out.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We are reading into this way too hard. If the defense jumps on that ball in the end zone and doesnt try to scoop it, we win the game as well.

Just like special teams blocking to limit the punt block.
Just like Sam Darnold hitting Robby on the third down to help ice the game.
Just like Gonzalez pooching the ball with less leg strength
Just like the receivers catching the ball when it hits them in the hands
Just like Reddick and Burns sealing the edge

Seams like there were misses in ALL phases of the game.

Yeah, I'd have to say characterizing this as "blaming the defense" is a stretch.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

Hey Defense I know you guys have held the Eagles to their lowest yardage total of the season, turned them over multiple times. I know our offense has thrown 3 picks, and been virtually shut out in the 2nd half. And oops Special teams just had a punt blocked. 

I know why Rhule is doing this, but "C'mon Man"

Edited by Pantherxtreme
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I don't care what he says in a presser.

But he better be raising hell in the coach's meeting room.

Our ST group is inferior, and that's mild.  Blackburn should be on notice.

I have no complaints about Snow's D -- they did their part to win the game.  Sure, if that bad snap is recovered for the TD it should have been, it's a different game.  But that ball was slippery, and it was just a bad break that it wasn't.  The D was trying to fall on it.

The elephant in the room that Rhule didn't acknowledge is his own timidity.  I only hope somebody mans up and points it out to him, or he looks in the mirror and sees his own errors in punting.

Lastly, he's got to get with his OC and plan and call a different style of play.  Passivity never gets it done in the NFL.  Go study those brass balls in Tepper's office.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

"We couldn't control the line of scrimmage....couldn't protect the football...quarterback was under duress, couldn't make plays that we needed down in the red zone and all those areas to make touchdowns instead of field goals..."

That's just from his opening statement.  I watched his press conference yesterday.  He listed a litany of problems with the O thorough out the presser.

And yes, its still a team loss.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I'd have to say characterizing this as "blaming the defense" is a stretch.

I knew it had to be yet another poster cherry picking a quote and forming their own narrative. 

• Pie 4

The offense squandered so many drives including golden opportunities from the defense at critical times in the game. It doesn't really matter what he says in a presser but he needs to get a handle on this heading into our matchup with the Vikings. If this skid continues things could get rocky in the locker room.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

The offense squandered so many drives including golden opportunities from the defense at critical times in the game. It doesn't really matter what he says in a presser but he needs to get a handle on this heading into our matchup with the Vikings. If this skid continues things could get rocky in the locker room.

The OL cant get beat up much more in the locker room than they have been on the field so far. I say let the guys on Defense beat the hell out of them. 

Edited by PootieNunu