• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

I'm not mad about this. He isn't deflecting, he's saying this isn't solely on the offense and it's not. The D took their foot off the gas and blew it, a team issue that predates Rhule. I don't want our head coach giving that a pass just because they did better than the offense. 

And yes, the expectations are higher for the defense. Giving up when it counts isn't going to cut it with how much has been invested in that side of the ball. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

This was exactly the what I was alluding to in my thread about Rhule...  our second halves have sucked because he goes into cruise control playing overly conservative because he is relying on the defense to win the game instead of trying to score with his offense to win it.

• Beer 1

Look, he’s not wrong.  We have invested a lot in this defense.  It’s easy to say that great teams should be able to score with 2 minutes left to win the game.  But great defenses should also be able to hold a 2 score lead and close the game out.  The defense had some huge busted plays in the 4th that were unacceptable.

And spare me the “they were tired” crap. Panthers won the time of possession by a long shot (34 min to 26 min).  The eagles defense spent 8 more minutes on the field then our defense and they managed to close it out when it mattered. 

• Pie 1

He didn't put it on the defense he clearly talked about the team top to bottom. But that statement is a fact anyway "when you have the guys we have on defense with a lead in the 4thQ we should win that game"

Facts.

All draft defense
All FA pickups defense
All trades defense

Be the unit that wins the game then, you have all the resources and no excuses.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Great idea, Rhule. Deflect the blame from your poo QB and shift it to your defense that dominated most of the game. I'm sure they feel great about constantly having to carry the offense through games. 

For f*cks sake the defense gave up 1 legit TD. The rest of their points were caused by a Sam Darnold INT and a blocked punt. 

It’s going to be a long season fellas 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Great idea, Rhule. Deflect the blame from your poo QB and shift it to your defense that dominated most of the game. I'm sure they feel great about constantly having to carry the offense through games. 

If they fall on the fumble like pros we win.

Not getting that defensive score was inexcusable. 

• Poo 1