• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

It's not just low IQ people. I've seen plenty of people with high IQs get fooled too. The biggest problem is that common sense isn't common.

Commenting and trying to carry on a conversation about some poo you haven't seen or read is not something intelligent people do but common sense also isn't very common, agree there.

I mean we still have people trying to say the defense was on the field all second half even though we held a large TOP in the second half including a 7 minute drive which was the longest drive of the game.

Hes not wrong, you should win if you have a 5 point lead with less than 5 minutes to go, I don't give a fug all what the offense did to that point.  The way the defense folded on the eagles td drive and then even more embarrassingly what they did when we still had a chance to get the ball back at the end by letting a crappy eagles running game shove the ball right up our asshole.  So yea, offense was beyond trash, special teams beyond trash, but that doesn't take away from the God awful showing our defense had at the end of the game.

Just now, KillaCamNewton said:

Thats WHY he punted. It was 15-3 and the Eagles had shown nothing on offense. Why try a long field goal with a shaky kicker or attempt a 4th down with a bad OLine and give them the ball at midfield and give them a chance to score and not just let them cut into the lead but also give their offense confidence going into the second half?

if thats how it would have panned out the same people would be blaming him for not trusting his defense and taking an unnecessary risk when we had the game in control already

what the analytics dont tell you if how the flow of the game is currently going. I really didnt think at any point yesterday the game was in jeopardy until that punt got blocked and the Eagles got the ball at our 20. Im convinced if we get that punt off and the Eagles have to go 70-80 yards they probably stall somewhere around our 40 and turnover on downs like their last drive and we win the game 18-13

I thought we all hated Rivera for his conservative approach. "We need a killer mentality" and all that. 

I personally don't blame Rhule when we don't covert 4th downs. I like the aggression. I can't speak for others. But I do know this board was overflowing with people blasting Rivera's conservative, analytical approach. It's now the same with Rhule. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Mage said:

Such a terrible thread title.

Literally in the first 2 minutes of the video, the first player Rhule openly criticizes is Sam Darnold.  Saying he was out of whack from the get go.

Check the post above you....morons always right on time ahahahahaha

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Rags said:

Well I can see we're back to over analyzing interviews and being downers

I s2g this message board is either love.or hate with no ability to have nuance. 

Can't even remotely compare Rhules pressers to anyone else we've had. Rhule goes over poo like how everyone used to say they wanted other coaches to do. Can fault Rhule for this or that but his pressers are easily the best and most interesting we've had.

• Pie 1

Honestly, I'm watching this press conference and Rhule was VERY transparent throughout.

I don't know how people can possibly compare this to Rivera.  Rhule is pretty direct in saying the coaches and players were bad yesterday.  And that the offensive line sucks.  Like he's not simply saying "it is what it is" and whatnot.  He has owned everything.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mage said:

Such a terrible thread title.

Literally in the first 2 minutes of the video, the first player Rhule openly criticizes is Sam Darnold.  Saying he was out of whack from the get go.

The frustration comes from redirecting blame, not once but twice, from the offense to the defense during the press conference. Sure its a team game. But something like "The defense put the offense in the position to win several times" would've been more appropriate than "The defense has let us down 2 weeks in a row..." 

To basically say "I know everyone is going to say the defense played well, but nah, lemme poo on em for a minute, they should've finished the game" is rich considering that defense produced 3 turnovers and a blocked punt. The defense played well and did their part yesterday. They can't help that the offense consistently gave up short fields. The Eagles only had to travel 27 yards for that last touchdown. You can only expect so much from your defense. Credit is due, not blame. Especially not equal blame. Yeah, the defense should've stopped them. But they were also the reason the game was as close as it was. That's the problem here. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

The frustration comes from redirecting blame, not once but twice, from the offense to the defense during the press conference. Sure its a team game. But something like "The defense put the offense in the position to win several times" would've been more appropriate than "The defense has let us down 2 weeks in a row..." 

To basically say "I know everyone is going to say the defense played well, but nah, lemme poo on em for a minute, they should've finished the game" is rich considering that defense produced 3 turnovers and a blocked punt. The defense played well and did their part yesterday. They can't help that the offense consistently gave up short fields. The Eagles only had to travel 27 yards for that last touchdown. You can only expect so much from your defense. Credit is due, not blame. Especially not equal blame. Yeah, the defense should've stopped them. But they were also the reason the game was as close as it was. That's the problem here. 

Bro, you are reading way too much into this.

Who the hell cares how he phrases it?  He's clearly meaning that overall, the team didn't play good enough to win.  And it's true.

Ya'll get way too caught up in stuff like this.  This crap doesn't matter.  It's just for the media.  And it is clear throughout the press conference that Rhule knows the offense (especially the OL) is the biggest problem, he's simply saying that the defense was a problem too.  In particular he called out someone (not by name) who decided to do his own thing on the zone-read that Jalen Hurts scored on

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

"I allowed yesterday to happen, I'll be the first to tell you that"

Direct quote

and yet people have the audacity to say Rhule is trying to "deflect blame".  Smh.  You can hate his coaching decisions but Rhule is BY FAR more accepting of blame than Rivera or Fox ever were.  And he always acknowledges the real issues of the team.  Ya'll just be cherry picking.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1