• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

4 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Hey Defense I know you guys have held the Eagles to their lowest yardage total of the season, turned them over multiple times. I know our offense has thrown 3 picks, and been virtually shut out in the 2nd half. And oops Special teams just had a punt blocked. 

I know why Rhule is doing this, but "C'mon Man"

...but, but, but that one time when they couldn't jump on the ball in the endzone, makes all the blame "equal". 

4 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Hes not blaming the D, he's blaming the team as a whole.  it was a team loss... dont single any unit out.

I would bet you could find two guards and a center off a college team right now that would play better then what they have.

Turning a constant blind eye to the same sheet season after season doesn't fix the problem. Even worse when it is a totally new regime, and the same problem still exists.

There are 32 BILLION dollar franchises. This isn't 1985, 1996 or 2000. The game has changed. You ARE NOT going to hold any offense you play to damn near zero points. You are going to get scored on. This defense played exceptionally. This entire O stinks even with the stars. PARTICULARLY in the 3rd qtr. Something is not right. 

• Beer 2

22 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

There are 32 BILLION dollar franchises. This isn't 1985, 1996 or 2000. The game has changed. You ARE NOT going to hold any offense you play to damn near zero points. You are going to get scored on. This defense played exceptionally. This entire O stinks even with the stars. PARTICULARLY in the 3rd qtr. Something is not right. 

The WRs are running the same routes out of the same formations all game. Eagles DBs were calling it out. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The WRs are running the same routes out of the same formations all game. Eagles DBs were calling it out. 

Combined with them getting pressure with the front 4 almost every play you'd think you might wanna throw some screens and slants, pick up the tempo and gas the D a little. The back 7 were just hanging out waiting for another round of comeback routes to the 1st down marker

3 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Thats WHY he punted. It was 15-3 and the Eagles had shown nothing on offense. Why try a long field goal with a shaky kicker or attempt a 4th down with a bad OLine and give them the ball at midfield and give them a chance to score and not just let them cut into the lead but also give their offense confidence going into the second half?

if thats how it would have panned out the same people would be blaming him for not trusting his defense and taking an unnecessary risk when we had the game in control already

what the analytics dont tell you if how the flow of the game is currently going. I really didnt think at any point yesterday the game was in jeopardy until that punt got blocked and the Eagles got the ball at our 20. Im convinced if we get that punt off and the Eagles have to go 70-80 yards they probably stall somewhere around our 40 and turnover on downs like their last drive and we win the game 18-13

The irony is if he HAD decided to try for the FG the same people would be blasting him for trying it. "He knew we don't have a reliable kicker so why try for it and......" blah blah blah. If I recall correctly something similar happened in the Dallas game where he went for it on 4th down and didn't get it and then they started roasting him "You should have just took the points on the board instead of going for it!". Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

I agree with Rhule. The last drive of the game. Everyone knows the eagles are going to run, yet they gash us for multiple first downs. Our D was elite most of the game---but when it came down to really needing a stop--they didn't make a play (even though they made lots of plays earlier). 

And I agree with many of you that if Sam wouldn't have kept throwing the ball to the other team so often we wouldn't have needed that stop so badly. He had lots of chances to make plays but he couldn't do it.

The O-line is our biggest issue right now. Teams are sitting on routes and loading the box against the run. Sam doesn't have the confidence or time to do anything about. We are going to see more of the same. I'm afraid, unless serious changes are made. If we can't make positive changes in the players on the field then play calling has to get a hell of a lot better and pray that Cmac returns soon!

This thread title is so click bait.  Go watch the press conference.  Context is important.

Also he said, paraphrasing, the whole team was bad at points including the defense failing to get 1 more stop and that's his fault.  He literally said the coaches failed, the players failed.  Blame all around.

I agree.  A lot of blame to go around.  The defense played amazing but they did not get 1 more stop.  Rhule isn't wrong.  We were ahead with 2 mins left and the defense failed there.  Again no unit can say there is no blame on them.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

It's silly to even imply the defense has an equal part blame in the loss. 

he was asked a question

he gave an answer

the media's job is to spin it to get over reactions.

and your job is to over react so the reporter knows what types of questions get clicks.

it's the circle of life.

See the source image

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1