• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

10 minutes ago, Rags said:

he was asked a question

he gave an answer

the media's job is to spin it to get over reactions.

and your job is to over react so the reporter knows what types of questions get clicks.

it's the circle of life.

See the source image

It's not an article.

It's a press conference. 

Rhule was asked a question.

He went out of his way to say the defense is to blame as well

Coach speak or not, it's not true. The defense gave the offense plenty of chances to win.

I call that out. 

Homers with rose colored glasses see my post.

They get butthurt. 

They make a snarky reply. 

it's the circle of the huddle. 

spacer.png

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'm not sweating this quote. Coach can spin this as trying to light a fire under the defense and keeping then motivated bc despite being good already they're young as hell and can play better (which is great to think about)

Rhule needs to shape up on the offensive line front though. Like, the offensive line decisions actually detract from how great I feel about the defensive and skill personnel. And it's just not one area, it's signing free agents who are suspect and playing your actual talented players out of position. I know it's early in his reign but that poo is weird. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Coach speak or not, it's not true. The defense gave the offense plenty of chances to win.

Dude, reading through all these posts you are the one that appears butt hurt.  Bloody hell man, did defense give the offense a chance to win? Sure, however, regardless of how well defense played throughout most of the game they DID make their fair share of mistakes that led to points. The 53 yard pass to a wide open Quez Watkins comes to mind as well as other cases of blown coverage. I'd rather that be acknowledged so that it can be worked on than to wear rose tinted glasses and pretend like they didn't have any problems. You make it sound he literally blamed it ALL on the defense when he literally called out the bad play by the offense as well as coaching decisions and special teams.

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Yes

And what do people use these questions at press conferences for?

Media.

And who is the media for?

Come on you're almost there buddy.

I watched the press conference. 

ergo

I don't need to read the articles.

ergo

No clicks

It's really not a tough concept lil fella. 

3 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

It's not an article.

It's a press conference. 

I call that out. 

They get butthurt. 

spacer.png

Did the defense allow the Eagles to take the lead?  Did the defense stop the Eagles on their final scoring drive?

Answer "yes" or "no".

You won't.

Defense played lights out, but it's fair to say they have blame.  Also if you watched the press conference, he clearly did not want the defensive players thinking it's the offense at fault.  He doesn't want an offense/defense rift in the locker room. 

It's a team.  They all win or they all lose.  The defense did not lose less than the offense. 

That's the message Matt Rhule was conveying.  He went into detail.  You either have to be mentally less capable or purposely spinning to not see how his answers were framed in regards to those questions.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

It's not an article.

It's a press conference. 

I call that out. 

They get butthurt. 

spacer.png

How is he going out of his way to blame the defense when the question was about how and why the defense failed at the end of the game? 

You need to fix your hearing.  

Edited by Mage

10 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Except leads can and do evaporate, especially when the our offense can't match the scores of the opponent.  I'm not expecting our defense to shut out teams in the second half, but I'm also not expecting our offense to lay an egg either.

If you can't score 30 points in this league you're going to lose a bunch of games. Scoring 17 points and calling it a day way pre 2010 days.